Changing Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanjyj

Apr 8, 2007
To photographers out there, when shooting major events, how do you all change your lenses? Usually I don't have the time so re-cap the original lens and just slip it straight into my camera vest. At the end of the shoot all my lenses are without all the front caps.

Does anyone do the same thing as me? Or am I the only one suffering from time constraint when VIP arrives?

To photographers out there, when shooting major events, how do you all change your lenses? Usually I don't have the time so re-cap the original lens and just slip it straight into my camera vest. At the end of the shoot all my lenses are without all the front caps.

Does anyone do the same thing as me? Or am I the only one suffering from time constraint when VIP arrives?

I think this link has discussions about the proper method to change lenses.

However since you're talking about events and stuff, I think your method is alright. Basically the camera bag has all the lenses face down, hood on without front caps. I still keep my rear cap on although several friends I know just leave them empty as well.

thats why u see many people with two camera.

its faster

only the image matters, caps can still be replace later
once the image is captured

and yes use 2 cameras is best

only the image matters, caps can still be replace later
once the image is captured

and yes use 2 cameras is best

two cams not enough sometimes too. I.e. 80-200mm, 300 prime, up up up. (Jets fly too fast sometimes)

jets?

1. Sigma APO 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG HSM
2. Sigmonster 300-800mm f5.6 EX IF APO HSM

should be able to cover the range

What a monster... seriously. :bigeyes:

2 bodies. Otherwise use 18-200VR.

two cams not enough sometimes too. I.e. 80-200mm, 300 prime, up up up. (Jets fly too fast sometimes)

Then don't shoot when the jet is too near or too far. I think with the sky as the background, whether you use 200mm when the plane is nearer or 600mm when the plane is further does not make much of a difference.

Bottomline is use the right tool for the right job. You should know what you want to shoot but do prepare for something unexpected.

actually, i do the same too, but i put it back into my bag w/o both front and back caps on sometimes. but usu, its w/o front cap. the rear end would be facing the top, and i'll just leave the rear cap over it (using canon mount lens, no time to turn and lock back.)

Status
Not open for further replies.