Changing from digital to slr

Status
Not open for further replies.

zheng_ruixian

Feb 26, 2006
When's e time u know that a digi can't give u e result u want and makes u have e urge to change to a more powerful slr?

For me it's when it's not enough to use, in a sense that functions are limited. I used to use a compact digicam but it's not enough for me, so i switched to DSLR.

It haqppens when you know what kind of pictures you want and are very sure it cannot be done with your digital comapct/prosumer. Also when you want to shoot at 400 ISO and above and not worry that your images will lose all detail...

not when u see ur fren use, u also want.

hmmm, i switch becos i really want to learn more and develope my interest in photography.

wat i notice about the change is that, i get to take better low light images, less grainy.

also, i experience no shutter lag. shoot shoot and shoot!

i also feel that i can compose pictures better :p as in use the viewfinder

When you want to take a long exposure photo. I mean could be 1 hour or more long exposure time. Use manual SLR camera!

Regards,
Arto.

The ability to change lenses to suit different situations and the ability to use flash(es) to light up conditions which point n shoots will not be able to work in.

And a good decent VF to compose from.

I switch to SLR in 2002. Never regreted it. Was using a Minolta Dynax 5. The use of external flash was useful in low ight conditions.

zheng_ruixian said:
When's e time u know that a digi can't give u e result u want and makes u have e urge to change to a more powerful slr?

dont think theres such a thing as a SLR being more "powerful" than a DSLR.. certainly in terms of functionality. i think the advantage that a SLR brings, is that film resolution is still very high quality and you need a top end DSLR to match it.
also, B&W seems to always come out betterin film.

jdredd said:
dont think theres such a thing as a SLR being more "powerful" than a DSLR.. certainly in terms of functionality. i think the advantage that a SLR brings, is that film resolution is still very high quality and you need a top end DSLR to match it.
also, B&W seems to always come out betterin film.

I think he was comparing digital camera (the point n shoot variety) vs the SLRs (D or film)

I think noise is a major consideration. And then not able to produce shallow DOF at times when u need it.

Film camera don't have the problem of dust on sensor thats the good point. Digital is convienent.

After my change to SLR photography, i've never looked back to compact ones anymore, not even prosumers.

The tempting sound of the "KECHA" when you press the shutter makes you want to press it again. hahaha.

tltan said:
The tempting sound of the "KECHA" when you press the shutter makes you want to press it again. hahaha.

Especially when your cam has a good continous shooting speed... "zichap..zichap..zichap.."

Even more shoik ;)

zac08 said:
Especially when your cam has a good continous shooting speed... "zichap..zichap..zichap.."

Even more shoik ;)

Yeah I know what you mean. Miss my Dynax 5.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.