changing colours of halogen shots to more neutral...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
i was wondering if you could share an effective way to change those yellowish halogen digital photos to more of a neutral colour (somewhat like applying a grey or white card)

OR just trying to reduce the yellowishness of of the photo..

the digital format was jpeg (not RAW )

wanted to know how to do this in PS.

thanks guys

Maybe you can post your photo here so that people can provide the right solution.

Cheers

Selective colour in PS: choose yellow & adjust d level, from there play around wif other colour for your colour correction purposes.

haagen_dazs said:
hi
i was wondering if you could share an effective way to change those yellowish halogen digital photos to more of a neutral colour (somewhat like applying a grey or white card)

OR just trying to reduce the yellowishness of of the photo..

the digital format was jpeg (not RAW )

wanted to know how to do this in PS.

thanks guys
Does auto colour work?

you could try using levels and using the grey picker to pick a spot you know to be neutral and see if the effect fits...there are other methods using curves, hue/sat/bright, etc...but really, it depends on the image in question which method is the best... and also on your preference...

I normally use curves the select the white/black/grey point if aviable. Of no i just do manual curves adjustments.

Use a Grey/white card for the first shoot in that lighting. E.g. Ask your model to hold the card, take the shot. After that just shoot as normal. In photoshop, use the curves if color photo, levels if B/W photo, create a duplicate layer, choose the 'set white point' picker tool, click on the on the white area of the card in your 1st pic you shot with the card in it, waaalahh, you get the correct color. copy the layer to all other photos...

Status
Not open for further replies.