Changing Camera

icekiddo

Jun 13, 2011
I am looking around for a new camera but i dont know whether i should change! I am now currently using a canon eos 40 d with a sigma lens and still an amateur. I do not really use my camera that much too. Im considering the Eos 7 D! Should I change? :confused:

icekiddo said:
I am looking around for a new camera but i dont know whether i should change! I am now currently using a canon eos 40 d with a sigma lens and still an amateur. I do not really use my camera that much too. Im considering the Eos 7 D! Should I change? :confused:

Any reason why you want to change? Don't change for the sake of changing

TS, what is lacking in 40D that spur you to change the camera? What do you hope to achieve with a 7D.

I have asked myself this questions millions of times before (same dilemnas as you a couple of months ago)... but I am luckier... my 40D died... and I am force to upgrade:)

Hello ts maybe you should shoot more with your 40d 1st dont change already and regret x.x

If you have csh on hand, just go ahead to purchase.. you will use it. two bodies only.... recently read a new about a lady spent avg $1000 every month on cloths and bags..how is she going to use it?

If you have csh on hand, just go ahead to purchase.. you will use it. two bodies only.... recently read a new about a lady spent avg $1000 every month on cloths and bags..how is she going to use it?

Believe me, they can well used their clothings better than most average camera users using their camera equipment. Clothings (including bags, shoes, cosmetics and clothes of course!) are their bread and butter for ghastly to beauty transformation.

My shutter is about 15 k already. Maybe i'll change my lens. My lens now damn sucky. Still in a dilemma on whether to sell and change whole camera set! Thanks guys

Believe me, they can well used their clothings better than most average camera users using their camera equipment. Clothings (including bags, shoes, cosmetics and clothes of course!) are their bread and butter for ghastly to beauty transformation.

If they spend $$$ and time on photography, our streets will be full of ladies carrying cameras...

Why do you want to change?

You don't like the number "40" and "7" is your lucky number??

I know loads of people who have DSLR but never use it... So it is not a given that have camera = must use.

Just because got lady spending average $1K on a month on these things, doesn't mean that we all have to emulate wasteful behaviour. You shouldn't just pick and choose the worst examples in life to compare.

Last edited:
My shutter is about 15 k already. Maybe i'll change my lens. My lens now damn sucky. Still in a dilemma on whether to sell and change whole camera set! Thanks guys

15K? But 40D should be rated for at least 50K or 100K... And a shutter costs wayyyy less than a new camera...

If you shoot a lot of photos at high ISO and the noise performance is not optimal, then fine. If not, then the 40D is a very decent camera. :)

My shutter is about 15 k already.

"15k ALREADY"??? I would say 15k ONLY!!!! Considering the age of the 40D, for you to ONLY have 15k shots shows me that the problem is not to upgrade your camera body, but to upgrade your skillset and enthusiasm.

Bro what is wrong with 1) your camera, 2) your lens.

Why do you feel your lens was damn sucky? Was there fungus, damaged aperture, scratches on the optic elements, etc?

Bro what is wrong with 1) your camera, 2) your lens.

Why do you feel your lens was damn sucky? Was there fungus, damaged aperture, scratches on the optic elements, etc?

Bro, you got a 40 D and 7 D which do you prefer?

it should be a pretty capable camera. I have recently seen someone shooting event/portraits with a 400D and getting very good shots leh.

Bro, you got a 40 D and 7 D which do you prefer?

Seriously speaking, I like 7D better (except that it is heavier) - faster, with very good movie mode, better noise management, bigger viewfinder and many little things like grids in the viewfinder (this has been a feature in many brands but Canon is slow to introduce it)...

Having said that, I would not have upgrade to the 7D if my 40D is working fine...

The problem with most seller is that, we have a hard time selling our camera when we announce our shutter count with value > 10k -_-

Even though we all know very well that this is far from the camera's limit, buyer's perspectives tend to be negative and will either stay away or quote ridiculous discount price. It took me almost a month to sell my 1 yr old D90 with abt 20k SC....

The problem with most seller is that, we have a hard time selling our camera when we announce our shutter count with value > 10k -_-

Even though we all know very well that this is far from the camera's limit, buyer's perspectives tend to be negative and will either stay away or quote ridiculous discount price. It took me almost a month to sell my 1 yr old D90 with abt 20k SC....

thats true, buyer tend to ask for SC first then think whether to get your camera. If SC over 10k most of them will stay away. To TS, if you seldom use your camera there's no point upgrading instead just use your 40D to shoot more and upgrade your skills. Current lens not really suite whats your need then get a new lens with the range you want.

+1 to that.

Better to invest on lens than body.