Changi Broadwalk shots with my new toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheels

Nov 17, 2002
LONG KAO
photo.rogerdeng.com
Just got my new toy, D70.... and I brought it out for a walk at Changi Broadwalk .....

Comments appreciated

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0362.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0430.jpg

I like the 2nd and the 3rd. Well done :)

But the lightning shots are nice but be careful, it is risky :what:

yo bro...

Seems like it didn't take you long to warm up to your new partner huh? The pictures tell man!... Solid shots!

By the way, like Jim says, Lightnings are nice but dangerous... But don't worry, if anything happens, I'll take good care of your new partner...heheh. :blah:

...by making the D70 proud...Well done!

BTW:

-where is this place in Singapore?
-You saved your pics in RAW?

Cheers

wheels.... eh... so wat do u want us to say?? :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

great shots! but agree jimtong. be careful of the lighting, hor? :bigeyes:

good shots... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

did you use the kit lens or another lens?

Hi wheels
:thumbsup: nice shots!
3rd shot - did u use a filter or sthg to make the water look 'smooth' and misty?

Thanks all of you for the nice comments. This new toy is full of possibilities .... :thumbsup:

I like the 2nd and the 3rd. Well done :)

But the lightning shots are nice but be careful, it is risky :what:

Thanks bro. The lightning was far away. Pic was cropped heavily and I took it under shelter with a bunch of strangers admiring the lightning. :D

...by making the D70 proud...Well done!

BTW:

-where is this place in Singapore?
-You saved your pics in RAW?

Cheers

Thanks Picard...

I'm not sure what bus goes there. Maybe some pros here can here. I can offer this map though ...

Changi Broadwalk

And yes, I saved the pics in RAW ...

wheels.... eh... so wat do u want us to say??

great shots! but agree jimtong. be careful of the lighting, hor?

Thanks nightwolf75 for your compliments. Appreciate it.
And yes, I very "bo chee" one... the lightning was miles away and I am under shelter when I took the shot. :)

good shots...

did you use the kit lens or another lens?

Thanks Adiemus. I used the original kit lens. For me, this lens is wide, fast and good enough for day to day use and not heavy to lug around. :)

Hi wheels
nice shots!
3rd shot - did u use a filter or sthg to make the water look 'smooth' and misty?

Thank you bell, for your compliments.
As for the 3rd shot, did not used filters or anything. Just long shutter speed with narrowest aperture. :)

xaer said:
yo bro...

Seems like it didn't take you long to warm up to your new partner huh? The pictures tell man!... Solid shots!

By the way, like Jim says, Lightnings are nice but dangerous... But don't worry, if anything happens, I'll take good care of your new partner...heheh. :blah:

haha .. thanks bro.

The camera did not take long to warm me up instead..... :D

Haha ... I hide under the shelter with many onlookers for the lightning. And don't worry .... nothing will happen one .... you can forget about waiting la hor ... :D

i think the 1st and 2nd one are great :thumbsup: :)

Pardon me but photo 3-5 does not look like Changi..

Perhaps some digital touch up has been done...

nemesis32 said:

yep..yep..all are from changi... that's the wonders of photography. :thumbsup:

wheels, how long did you expose pic #4? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nemesis32 said:

Definitely Changi Broadwalk .. like what CYRN said.

And yes, some form of digital touch up was done. Levels, cropping and white balancing with the files in RAW.

Thanks CRYN and witness for your nice compliements.

For the 4th pic, setting is at 30 secs, F11 and iso 200. Heavily cropped though. As for the rock, there is a spot light in the park that shines on it which is why it is so bright. :)

like 4th the most. nice colours and lighting man. cool abstract. itd be better if the lightning bolt is better composed, but its out of ur control huh.

the others... nice idea, but lighting not as magical as the 4th one, making them look pretty average. just some of my humble opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.