Changi Boardwalk - Sea side

Sep 10, 2010

IMG_5829BW by Skull91

1) in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition and the feel of the picture

2) what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I wanted to create a peaceful feeling

3) under what circumstances is the picture take? (physical conditions/emotions)
Went to changi Boardwalk for a photoshoot, came across this composition at seaside. Use ND8 filter to make the water looks smooth & turn the picture into black & white for a different feel.

4) what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I like the way the stone were placed, and the smooth water make me feel peaceful.

David Kwok

Aug 23, 2008
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Doesn't for me. It's peaceful but it's not interesting. Peaceful can be interesting at the same time. I'm not sure if the colours will looks better, but certainly the gray tones don't feel right. Not much to comment when there is nothing much in the first place, get it ?

bonrya

Dec 16, 2010
In a mobile cage
I like the concept of minimalistic seascapes. Can't get enough of the serenity of the images. Most of the pictures I've seen usually have a lone rock out at sea with watery depths surrounding it.

What I see in your picture is actually an abrupt stop to where the land stops and the sea begins.

How to improve your shot composition wise, probably draw out one single rock as your subject, then isolate it anywhere within the image to show that feeling of loneliness. Good job with the long exposure, I can see that the water has been smoothened out. May want to watch where your focus point is though good job showing this type of landscape style. :)

You may also want to check out more the pictures available in the landscape forum to draw on the images for inspiration for your next one. :)

Thanks for sharing! I had fun looking at your photo. :) hope you're not discouraged!

Sep 10, 2010
Hi David, i get your point. I will improve on my composition & the post processing.. Thank.

Hi Bonrya, really enlighten me. i will take note before i shoot next time. U din discourage instead you make me wanna improve more.

Thank guys

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
Perhaps sit down and re-think what 'peaceful' means to you with regards to a photograph.

To me, the present composition doesn't quite convey that. Perhaps you were concentrating too much on applying the ND filter to smoothen the water surface, thinking that alone constitutes peacefulness.

Top Bottom