Changi beach club

eugenengsl

Nov 18, 2009
4979803596_d546afb467.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, colours and others :)

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
hope to improve and learn more from ppl in here :)
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
evening at changi beach club and just happen to drop by there.
Exposure 1/250
Aperture f/7.1
Focal Length 24 mm
ISO Speed 250
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
anything and everything that will help me to improve :) thanx

Last edited:
hey nice scene you have here...

however, the tilt in the photo is really unhelpful for such scenery shots... the tilt is magnified by the long bridge on stilts.. maybe you need to double check the bubble leveller or grid lines.. esp when using wide angle lens..

the colors and the lighting is very nice... gives the viewer a sense of awe, and wonder of nature..

the composition wise, the bridge and the horizon are very close tgt and kinda in my opinion not ideal... and the clouds or color in the sky is not interesting enough, so the vast space in the sky looks unbalanced.. maybe showing more water than sky would be nice... or make it more even...

hi very appreciate your comment :) i still got alot more to learn ya. i wish to have more critique from ppl out there ... thank u

hi very appreciate your comment :) i still got alot more to learn ya. i wish to have more critique from ppl out there ... thank u

there's also quite some strong vignetting in the corners.. so try to look out for such things.. ;)

try taking horizontally and vertically... move around and see things from different angles.. maybe one you may like very much but, if you stay in that position, then you won't get any other shots le...

yup... i notice that too:) alrite point noted thank u very much:)

Photo is way way way too tilted to work. Sorry.

Great potential destroyed by the tilt.

like others who have said before, the tilting bridge void the photo.i'd either personally show more horizon without the bridge or straighten the bridge and/or balance between sea level and the sky

:)

nice sky, but you don't need all of it, which means you didn't have to tilt the camera up, or right. :)

lightbox

hi this the improvement after the comment from the senior members out there :) hope it changes and improve as well

okie.. but still looks very curved... like using a fisheye of some sort..

or maybe its just the way the bridge is curved...

don't worry.. some things can't be edited on com.. you just have to go out and shoot again.. to try and get another shot ;)

- Tilt
+ Nice colours, though there is some vignetting it still feels good for the image
- Too small a snap to review though :(
- A little change to the framing, maybe a little zoom and a little more focus towards the moving people would have added drama to it