Changi Airport Series - Departures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

I was assigned the job of photographing the arrival of the world famous and prestigious Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra Band in Singapore (the first time they are here, by the invitation of WASBE Singapore) and was consequently found myself at the airport about 1 1/2 hours before their arrival.

Since I've been very busy and hardly had time to shoot for my myself (meaning shoots that are not paid jobs or church related), I decided to indulge myself in a little walkaround of our beautiful airport.

The airport is a world of photographic opportunities :)
U can be sure that's one place i will go repeatedly from now on for more good shots.

Muslim Sendoff
A muslim family waiting for the gates to be opened. From the looks of it, the daughter is going overseas, probably studying.

CRW_9026L_bw.jpg

Malay Hospitality
An elderly malay receiving blessings of kind words before departure
CRW_9030L_bw.jpg

All of which begs the question - where are all the muslims going at this time of the year? :)

On Schedule
A tourist checking to make sure he's on schedule....
CRW_9032L.jpg

Did u use film or digital?

Originally posted by Mankul
I don't dare take pick of strangers in public place :p

oh btw Red Dawn, did you ask for their permission before taking? Or took liao run? :D

Originally posted by revenant

oh btw Red Dawn, did you ask for their permission before taking? Or took liao run? :D

no i never ask for permission :)

i never ask most of the time. but i didn't run either, even if they discovered that i was taking their photo. i just stayed on and see if more photos can be taken. if they want portraits, i'm always game ;p

Originally posted by revenant
Clear and Sharp.

How much is the D30 retailing at?

i think nobody buys D30 new anymore ;)
a lot of bargains in the second hand market though, anywhere from 2300 to 2800.

Originally posted by Red Dawn

no i never ask for permission :)

i never ask most of the time. but i didn't run either, even if they discovered that i was taking their photo. i just stayed on and see if more photos can be taken. if they want portraits, i'm always game ;p

hmm brave!!! sometimes i just pretend to take something else.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.