Changi Airport Series - Arrivals


Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,464
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

In the arrival hall....

Anxious
Anxious relatives waiting for the arrival of their loved ones....



Just Arrived!
This indian family just touched down and seemed a bit lost....


Front Row Seats
Kids have the front row seats to catch the arrivals - the blessed ones!
 

Jed

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
3,911
0
0
UK
Visit site
I think the first shot of this three is the weakest, I like the second, it's well spotted. For the third, I like it as it stands, but I think it could have been made a lot stronger by focusing more on the boy being held aloft.
 

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,464
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Originally posted by Jed
I think the first shot of this three is the weakest, I like the second, it's well spotted. For the third, I like it as it stands, but I think it could have been made a lot stronger by focusing more on the boy being held aloft.
ok will try to improve on the next few excursions there. i have a feeling i will be hanging around the airport very often from now on :)

the possibilities there are endless - the architecture, the planes, the pple....above all, the emotions of the pple......

and of course, the added bonus that because it's an airport, a guy holding a camera is not such an unusual sight.
 

siron

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2002
2,115
0
0
41
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Yeah I like the 2nd pic too!! buy maybe u wanna increase the size alittle? 640x480 ??
Good u gave me idea to take pic at airport liao..will go when I can! Thanks!
 

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,464
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Originally posted by siron
Yeah I like the 2nd pic too!! buy maybe u wanna increase the size alittle? 640x480 ??
Good u gave me idea to take pic at airport liao..will go when I can! Thanks!
yeah u're right.

this style is normally not my usual way of posting pictures. normally i like them big :)

i was experimenting with some new actions. didn't realise they look so small on the web. Will try to put up the usual sized ones...
 

siron

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2002
2,115
0
0
41
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Red Dawn


yeah u're right.

this style is normally not my usual way of posting pictures. normally i like them big :)

i was experimenting with some new actions. didn't realise they look so small on the web. Will try to put up the usual sized ones...

cool...just over write em
 

eadwine

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,937
0
36
40
east side
red dawn what actions as in photoshop actions??
can share?? =)
 

eadwine

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,937
0
36
40
east side
Originally posted by Red Dawn
Hi

pic(s) updated to my usual preferred posting size(s) :)

enjoy!
woooo now thats better!! =)
 

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,464
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Originally posted by eadwine
red dawn what actions as in photoshop actions??
can share?? =)
Hi

yes......photoshop actions. very handy for automating post processing for a batch of 300-400 RAW / JPEG images. i typically run the most common actions overnight, leaving my pc on throughout the night, and viola they are ready by next morning ;)

You can create, combine and mix n match actions to achieve your desired workflow. i am still customising some of them to suit my needs. right now they:

1) Convert D30 Linear RAW file to usable format
2) Rotate image Counter clockwise if necessary
3) Apply LinearSharpening
4) Apply increased saturation (Digital Velvia) using Channel Mixer (if needed)
5) Convert image to sRGB from Adobe 1998

and a whole lot more things, including

- digital soft focus
- digital IR
- ISO 800 noise reduction
- ISO 1600 noise reduction
- black and white using Channel Mixer
- black and white using duotones
- Auto create frame and border around image
- Auto resize

the auto frame creation thingy is new and as u already see, the images come out too small for web to be very useful. ;p
 

Status
Not open for further replies.