Changi Airport is World's best - again

Having been to many, I would say it is one of the best. However, do we need a 4th?

Having been to many, I would say it is one of the best. However, do we need a 4th?

Stand still... and others catch up... the team that manage Changi has a track record that is well known, I believe their reasoning in wanting/needing T4 is justifiable... :think:

There's a planned 5th terminal as we speak now.

obviously you are sleeping, many flights late in arrival at other cities now because of delay at Changi departure during peak hours.

Our airport is the best. Because it is owned and run by the strongest organization in the country. Nope not the Singapore government but Temasek. But I think T4 and T5 is being built by the government, using public funds.

really dont understand.

why does it need to be the best?

People coming to singapore die die also must use the airport what.

Reasonable will do lah. why waste taxpayers' $$ just to get the best???

Tourist coming to singapore is not solely because of the airport.

They come here after chit chatting on CS forum and found out that singapore people are so helpful, friendly, though at times a bit irreverent. LOL

Last edited:
really dont understand.

why does it need to be the best?

People coming to singapore die die also must use the airport what.

Your 'reasonable will do' thought is a dangerous one.
Having live overseas, I have seen have countries stagnant or never excel in terms of nation development due to this 'reasonable will do' attitude.

So we have the right to sleep in airport ? :)

I once tried to sleep in airport lounge but was woken by aiport security.

They interogated me for half an hour and checked my passport, searched my bag and body searched me.

I told them I just needed somewhere to stay for a night.

They said I could not sleep in airport but arranged a nice room in Sharaton Hotel for me for a night footed by the kind Singapore taxpayers. :bsmilie:

Having live overseas, I have seen have countries stagnant or never excel in terms of nation development due to this 'reasonable will do' attitude.

Many of those stagnant countries also have great airports because they mispend their development funds.

Ask yourself why you have to stand instead of sitting in MRT. Because the money for the seats is being spent on building another runway. :bsmilie:

I once tried to sleep in airport lounge but was woken by aiport security.

They interogated me for half an hour and checked my passport, searched my bag and body searched me.

I told them I just needed somewhere to stay for a night.

They said I could not sleep in airport but arranged a nice room in Sharaton Hotel for me for a night footed by the kind Singapore taxpayers. :bsmilie:

How come I so suay? I sleep in airport also never kenna this and given a free night at Sheraton hotel...

Now is time to ask some tough questions...

So what is national development?
A nice big gorgeous airport or better help for the underprivileged?
A nice big garden with fake trees? Or conservation of our natural forests where 40% of our entire bird species can be seen?
A nice big top class airport, only to be sold to a private sector company at 1/3 of the most conservative valuation? Or building more affordable housing for some of our folks who cannot afford it?

Airport need to be expanded, I agree. It needs to look good, I agree. But how much is enough? how much more is considered over extravagant?

So what is national development?

Please don't answer the questions. I am just wondering out loud...

Last edited:

I have lived overseas too... 20 years to be exact. Both East and West. somehow what I see as priorities are a lot different from what you seem to be projecting... maybe I misunderstood you.

How come I so suay? I sleep in airport also never kenna this and given a free night at Sheraton hotel...

This Sheraton: :bsmilie:

2173143.jpg