changi 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

fqedup

Feb 9, 2009
west side
hi am a newbie here...need some of u guys expertise to view and gimme positive/negative comments...on this photo that i took at changi beach...the main idea is to show the sky and clouds, and bringing out the colour of the scenery..thanks!

took it around 6.30 pm
shot it at iso 200
f/3.5
18-55 mm lens at 18mm
using a nikon d40x

May 5, 2007
Singapore
Nice shot - here some ideas:

- Go for f8; better sharpness, and still possible, as it is not yet dark. Of course you need a tripod
- ISO100

Retouch
- selective saturation on blue in sky. but be careful to not overdoing it
- try vignette a bit more. Anyway the wideangle has already a slight vignette

Finally - you seem to have a big sensor spot in the top right picture area... might want to check it out.

Before >> After. Sorry the blue dots are 'black clipping'. But that is ok, for this picture

Jul 11, 2008
In Your Heart
i think TS was better. Natural is my no1 rule. this is a beautiful photo, maybe just that the people is just too far away. i know is unavoidable.

calebk

Jul 25, 2006
Clementi

- Go for f8; better sharpness, and still possible, as it is not yet dark. Of course you need a tripod
- ISO100

Retouch

Finally - you seem to have a big sensor spot in the top right picture area... might want to check it out.

Before >> After. Sorry the blue dots are 'black clipping'. But that is ok, for this picture
I don't think the blue clipping is okay. You said be careful to not overdoing (sic) it and then you go ahead and give a negative demonstration. Harry is right; natural is key. If you want to boost the saturation, you can do so, but keep in mind to not make it look out of this world.

fqedup

Feb 9, 2009
west side
i think TS was better. Natural is my no1 rule. this is a beautiful photo, maybe just that the people is just too far away. i know is unavoidable.
hi Harry, thanks..but was wondering what's the meaning of "TS"...:thumbsup:

- ISO100

Retouch

Thanks for the initiative to re-edit my pic, although i felt it a bit too bluish, but it looks nice after the re-edit..thanks thanks...fyi, when i shot this i didnt use a tripod..ya like u said maybe the next time it can be better if i use a tripod...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2008
nice colours...!

it would be more interestin if there is interesting foreground. that is something i also try to do when taking sunset shots...
instead of just taking a colour of the skies, find something interesting...on the ground...rocks/crabs/bottles/shoes/watever that would greatly improve the composition of ur shots.

ts = treadstarter

fqedup

Feb 9, 2009
west side
nice colours...!

it would be more interestin if there is interesting foreground. that is something i also try to do when taking sunset shots...
instead of just taking a colour of the skies, find something interesting...on the ground...rocks/crabs/bottles/shoes/watever that would greatly improve the composition of ur shots.

ts = treadstarter
ar ic..thanks for the foreground idea, agreed, that it will add more to the composition of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom