Change of nick?OT???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindy

Jul 28, 2002
Under the sea...
OT??

Like to check....can i request for a change of nick? Or i'll have to register another account heh :)

Ya, is there any user option to do so? I would like to change mine too. But that is provided it don't bother any of the moderater here.

ClubSNAP doesnt encourage change of nick for a few reasons :

1) any posting complication that may arise from the nick change
2) we have to reindex the database everytime we do that
3) if every of our 2500++ members requests the same, we will need to employ a dedicated nick-change admin.

If you have a very special/valid reason for the request, you can email to webmaster@clubsnap.org . Else we recommend all members to stick to the nick they are using now.

Originally posted by Jason Ho

3) if every of our 2500++ members requests the same, we will need to employ a dedicated nick-change admin.

If you have a very special/valid reason for the request, you can email to webmaster@clubsnap.org . Else we recommend all members to stick to the nick they are using now.

Thanks for your information.

I thought if u assign a unique id to each member that is hidden and is only used internally by the system, then the hassles of changing nickname won't exist. the nickname would be just a normal field and not a primary key.

i was considering changing my nick to "mylaulan".

Originally posted by maddog

I thought if u assign a unique id to each member that is hidden and is only used internally by the system, then the hassles of changing nickname won't exist. the nickname would be just a normal field and not a primary key.

It doesnt work in that way for ClubSNAP server.

Originally posted by mylau
i was considering changing my nick to "mylaulan".

Now now, thats a very special case. I think we can consider this case. :dent:

Now now, thats a very special case. I think we can consider this case. :dent:

I thought unanimous vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.