Change in Pentax Distributorship ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconvent

Apr 12, 2005
Well, I was at the camera shop asking when the DA15mm will come and the boss told me in about 1-2 months time only because Shriro has informed them they are handing over the distributorship to MJ which is the distributor for Sanyo video cameras. (eg Xacti series).
He also hinted the service centre of Pentax may be transferred over as part of the deal. Hopefully that means Kelvin can continue to support the Pentax cameras.

Well, I was at the camera shop asking when the DA15mm will come and the boss told me in about 1-2 months time only because Shriro has informed them they are handing over the distributorship to MJ which is the distributor for Sanyo video cameras. (eg Xacti series).
He also hinted the service centre of Pentax may be transferred over as part of the deal. Hopefully that means Kelvin can continue to support the Pentax cameras.
Got ask how much?

Got ask how much?

He said can't tell because Shriro not selling it. The lens will only be available and quoted by MJ when they take over. Anyone has an idea if Sanyo service and pricing is good. That will give an idea on how Pentax will be managed also. I know their service is ok as I have gone to change rechargeable batteries from them and they seem very responsive. But not sure on pricing policy. Is the Xacti price here comparable to other countries?
I do know Sanyo advertises their products more often than Shriro, so maybe publicity will improve.

I am using Sanyo Xacti line of camcorders. I can say that the local price and overseas prices are quite close.

Have yet to send in my Sanyo for servicing...touch wood.

pretty convenient for me having both sanyo and pentax service center in one location.

If now my flash got problem ... does it mean I had to wait until the new distributor take over ???

I think it's ok to send it in or you can check with Shriro and decide.:)

p3ntx, update us alright? have to get my cam checked out but been too busy/lazy recently. thanks!

Well I was there yesterday to check on some Profoto stuff and it was business as usual.

new agent:MJ (EMJAY) the 2nd floor above cathay photo. start from April 2009

they are agent for Sanyo also

Last edited:
new agent:MJ (EMJAY) the 2nd floor above cathay photo. start from April 2009

they are agent for Sanyo also

MJ (EMJAY), 111 North Bridge Road, #02-32/33 Peninsula Plaza, 179098. well i hope they are open on weekends as well now but it will be definately much easier to get there then the present one.

If it's on the 2nd Floor above Cathay Photo, will the service center also be there? Or will it be sub-contracted to Shriro? If it's going to be at Peninsula, SO convenient!

CBD and parking at Peninsula are :thumbsd:

I don't drive during weekdays too (if they are only open during weekdays). But I agree that carparks in CBD + the ERP ... SUCKs!!

:)

The service center should be at Peninsula Plaza but the technician will base at Kallang Pudding Road. ;)

Wow! We really got some insiders here :D Let's hope the new agent will do an even better job w/ Pentax.

The location is definitely a plus, even though I stay in the west, I find Shriro pretty troublesome to get to. And hopefully the opening hours extend a bit beyond office hours/days, even 7pm would be good enough so can rush there after work.

Anyway, I'm more concerned now about my lens currently being serviced, better to get it back before the transfer so there won't be any confusion. Think I'll check with Kevin soon if they've gotten it back from Japan... Skypacker, I don't suppose you have any news about yours yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.