Change ballhead of Slik Sprint Pro GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTemplar

May 1, 2006
Hi,

I have a Slik Sprint Pro GM with SBH-100 ball head.
I like the lightness of the tripod... it is just the head that I don't like....
Firstly, can I change the ballhead to something else?
Or should I change the tripod?

Reason: Upgraded Camera from 350D to 50D...

Any ideas?

Hi,

I have a Slik Sprint Pro GM with SBH-100 ball head.
I like the lightness of the tripod... it is just the head that I don't like....
Firstly, can I change the ballhead to something else?
Or should I change the tripod?

Reason: Upgraded Camera from 350D to 50D...

Any ideas?
yes, u can change the ballhead, if u changing to manfrotto ballhead, u need to get an additional 1/4" to 3/8" screw adapter from the store as well. but whether if it will support ur future setup, i guess it will just that stability will always not be as good as any bigger/heavier tripod

yes u can! i have the same tripod with the head changed to a 484RC2 using the screw adapter. the adpter is short and does not have much threads to cling to. suffice for careful jobs but rather flimsy still. i will only use this when mobility is important otherwise it's back to a heavy setup

Thanks for the advice.
Anyway, the Slik Sprint Pro is not that stable even with the original head...

Simon

Love my Sprint Pro as well. Great for light rigs - but nothing heavier than a 350D.

My 5D forced me to upgrade.. I still keep the Slik for my other cameras though :)

i still love my slik sprint pro. use it as a travel tripod for my 5D :) For prolonged use on tripod like fireworks, i will use my heavier manfrotto.

i am using the slik sprint pro gm (less sbh100 wgt is 0.79kg, max load 2.04kg) + giottos mh 1303-210c (wgt 0.164kg, max load 5kg).

Status
Not open for further replies.