Championship Manager, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I am playing the season 03/04 (prior to the new one, where all the new transfers took place, with Kewell going to Liverpool and woodgate to newcastle).

Formation used: 2-4-1-3

Teams Used: Liverpool, Milan, Valencia, Bayern Munich, Barca

Tactics Used: No Pressing, Tackling Hard, Attack from the side, No men behind the ball (this is all i remember now. :embrass: )

fox said:
Hi there,

I am playing the season 03/04 (prior to the new one, where all the new transfers took place, with Kewell going to Liverpool and woodgate to newcastle).

Formation used: 2-4-1-3

Teams Used: Liverpool, Milan, Valencia, Bayern Munich, Barca

Tactics Used: No Pressing, Tackling Hard, Attack from the side, No men behind the ball (this is all i remember now. :embrass: )

3 strikers!

effective in getting goals?
effective in most games? ;p

I'm using 3-3-4.

Jole Cole, Kieron Dyer, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney as my strike force :cool:

anyone using Liverpool??

by the way, i'm still playing the 01/02 version,... updated with Kewell in Liverpool and woodgate in Newcastle though. i find this version easier and simpler to understand. furthermore, my PC is not that powerful enough to run the newer version. it lags too much and its too time consuming. :confused:

i'm 4-3-3 with 2 wing backs and Hamann as the anchor man in midfield. Gerrard and Murphy centre midfield. heskey as central striker with Baros on his left and Owen on his right. left and right generals!
but still stuggle to even beat Wolves... :confused:

needless to say, we struggle with every match.
reflects the current Liverpool side! oh no!

Cheesecake said:
3 strikers!

effective in getting goals?
effective in most games? ;p

Yup!! :thumbsup: You need quite a good AMC behind the strikers. Try Agahowa, Mido and Owen. AMC try to get Aimar or ronaldinho or joe cole.

Defenders: 2 center-backs with good speed and stamina (gallas and a french guy that was linked with liverpool can't remember)

lol

last time i swore by 2-2-1-3-2

but i stopped playing
haha

actually, i'll love to try the latest CM03/04 or watever version it is now.
but i'm clueless as to wat kind of training to give my boys... i don't suppose Heskey needs anymore weight training, does he? hehe

anyone with any standard format and training methods?
;p

anyone using Liverpool and is having success now? i know that;s a real challenge.. haha

I taking INTeR:
formation:4-4-2

striker: adriano/papa waigo/martins/Eliakwu/florent sinama pongolle
(rotation alwez)

i using CM 03/04 v4.1.1
am a proud manager of Manchester United now with 49 consecutive games unbeated.
formation 4-4-2
defenders: Rio Ferdinand, Wes Brown, Roberto Carlos, Ashely Cole, Patrick Vieira, Gary SPeed
midfielders: Christiano Ronaldo, Steven Gerrard, Figo, Beckham, Harry Kewell, RObert Pires, Ryan Giggs, Zidane
Strikers: Ruud van Nistelrooy, Michael Owen, Louis Saha, Wayne ROoney, Ronaldo (from real madrid)

concentrade on set pieces and overloading for training, forgot about the rest or my training schedule, but my players only have rest on sunday late morning and afternoons, and the day after a match :bsmilie:

was playing liverpool in 01/02. after a while, the saved game was so huge it took 2 min for my poor P3 700mhz to load up.
most often used formation is this weird one 2-2-3-2-1 with hyppia and chris riggott in back, 2 defensive mids (gerard and biscan) 2 wide mids (jerome rothen and murphy) and van der vaart (cost me a bundle!) in the middle. Kim kallstrom and agahowa in the attacking mid with owen in attack. This was in my second season. In the first season, you kinda realise that houllier had a point in his defensive style cos attacking just didn't pay for me with the players i had. defended my way to champions league then got some good players and finally started getting some good results with attacking football.

another good player i found worth buying in that version is david prutton.

fox said:
Yup!! :thumbsup: You need quite a good AMC behind the strikers. Try Agahowa, Mido and Owen. AMC try to get Aimar or ronaldinho or joe cole.

Defenders: 2 center-backs with good speed and stamina (gallas and a french guy that was linked with liverpool can't remember)

the best AMC is DEIGO from santos.... He is vey good...

Anyone played the very first version where they use the 5.5 inch disk? :D

I remembered it was during the 486 era.. very addicted... :bsmilie:

Team: Man U since the very first version :bsmilie:
Fav formation 2:4:2:1

Have not been playing for quite sometime due to heavy schedule.

jimtong said:
Anyone played the very first version where they use the 5.5 inch disk? :D

I remembered it was during the 486 era.. very addicted... :bsmilie:

Team: Man U since the very first version :bsmilie:
Fav formation 2:4:2:1

Have not been playing for quite sometime due to heavy schedule.
ya.. i played the earlier versions too.
mine was the 3 1/2 disk.
still got a coach in the front cover holding a soccer ball and seemingly shouting instructions. haha

that was really simple and straightforward then. with only around 8 attributes or 7? it was fictious players then they introduced real players into the game.

and back then, jus stick every player in the middle of the park to thrash ur opponents. heh heh

funny, i wonder y i delight in fantasy soccer so much now.. ever since my Liverpool keeps on losing and losing in real life... i guess i can arrest the situation in reel life, eh? :cry:

by the way,
i'm looking forward to buying the latest CM.

can anyone enlighten on the latest version? ;)

it would b most ideal to discuss the training methods and tactics most commonly employed... i must rescue my LIVERPOOL!!! :thumbsup:

Cheesecake said:
by the way,
i'm looking forward to buying the latest CM.

can anyone enlighten on the latest version? ;)

it would b most ideal to discuss the training methods and tactics most commonly employed... i must rescue my LIVERPOOL!!! :thumbsup:

I have stop this game to control myself.
It is taking up my photography time :nono:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

does anyone knows what does "First Option" means??(you can select this option when you make an offer for a player...)

PS: my team has won the Premiership title 5 times in a row...:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.