----- Chain Reaction of Soaring Oil Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael

Deregistered
Jul 5, 2007
With the oil price soaring, everything goes up accordingly except salary.
What can we do to keep up with the cost of living?

Keep away from the Great Singapore Sale and the upcoming PC Show?
Buy cheaper 3rd party lens.
Buy flowers only on Valentine Day.
Ask wife to go find a job.
Bear only 1 child instead of 2 or more.
Demand pay increment.

Well...life was nv easy for average people. To keep up the cost of living, we have to make every cent we make into good use. Have to learn to keep track of the expenses. ;)

With the oil price soaring, everything goes up accordingly except salary.
What can we do to keep up with the cost of living?

Keep away from the Great Singapore Sale and the upcoming PC Show?
Buy cheaper 3rd party lens.
Buy flowers only on Valentine Day.
Ask wife to go find a job.
Bear only 1 child instead of 2 or more.
Demand pay increment.

Borrow camera and lenses instead of buying them.
Shoot only free models.
Use shopping bag instead of camera bag.

With the rise of 40% petrol price in Malaysia, Singapore will feel the impact of rising food prices too. Cause most of the food comes directly from Malaysia.

* Frequent less cafes and pubs.
* More economical rice, less restaurants food; better still learn to cook and eat at home.
* Use less electricity at home, reduce utility bills.
* For non car owners, take less cabs.

Im glad i no longer consume alcohol on a weekly basis. That's a lot excess expenditure gone. :lovegrin:

i think airlines are the most affected becos aviation fuel is very costy, second will be taxi drivers, they pay according to market rates.

of cos, we should now all prepare for higher electricty bills.

I always wonder who are the one getting richer in this kind of chain reaction in the end :think:

eating out will be luxury.
will wantanmee eventually cost $10? who knows.

I always wonder who are the one getting richer in this kind of chain reaction in the end :think:

people who dun sit around surviving on pay checks alone.. but seek out opportunities.;)

i think airlines are the most affected becos aviation fuel is very costy, second will be taxi drivers, they pay according to market rates.

of cos, we should now all prepare for higher electricty bills.

i think their fuel is subsidised but not sure how much.

i think their fuel is subsidised but not sure how much.

... it is just a matter of time governments will remove it. M'sia has started it liao

Saw this in another forum and found it a pretty interesting idea.

Anyhow I already pumping only SPC for the last two years so the impact should be minimal :lovegrin:

-------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' PETROL FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW CAR OWNERS CAN GET GASOLINE PRICE DOWN TO US$2.00 PER GALLON BY JUST FORWARDING THIS EMAIL TO 10 PEOPLE !!!

This idea was written out by a retired Coca Cola Executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton, an oil exploration company in U.S. If you are tired of the gasoline price is going up and up, AND it will continue to rise, take time to read this please.Mr Phillip Hollsworth offered his good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gasoline on a certain day' campaign that was going around last year April or May! It's worth your effort to join the campaign!!!! I heard that price of petrol going to hit close to US$ 4.00 a gallon by next summer, and it might go up higher!

YOU want gasoline prices to come down? All we need to do is we must take some intelligent, UNITED ACTION NOW. The oil companies laughed at us on last year 'Don't Buy Petrol For One day Campaign' because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gasoline. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem to the oil companies. This time is different, consumers have the power to bring down the price of goods !!!

This is a plan that can really work. Please read on and join us! You're probably thinking that gasoline priced at about $2.00/gallon is normal due to oil price has hit all time high of US$120/barrel!!! The oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the only way for the gasoline price is up, medias reporting brisk car sales in China and India, power hungry nations building more power plants to grow their economy, the growth of dragon(China) and elephant(India) will gobble up most of the world resources; oil reserve going down and depleting in 50 years time, this is how we are being conditioned(brain washed) NOW we need to act together to show them(oil companies and OPEC) that BUYERS can control the marketplace... not sellers.The only way we are going to see the price of gas coming down to a reasonable level is if we hit oil companies' revenue by not buying their products!

And, we can do it WITHOUT hurting ourselves.How? Since many of us owned and rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gasoline!!!! But we CAN have an impact on gas price if we all act together to force a price war among the oil companies!!! Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T buy gasoline from the two biggest companies, EXXON-MOBIL and SHELL, some car owners being brain washed to use a particular brand of petrol in order to keep their car engines in tip top condition which is not true, any brand will work well for your cars, you can reconfirm this if you have a friend who is a petroleum engineer, If not, just fill up your tank with another brand which you never used before to confirm it. When the oil companies that we are boycotting are not selling any gas for a week, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit; o! il compa nies work like a cartel !!!!

To have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon-Mobil and SHELL gas buyers.. In the past, it was an uphill task but now, it's really simple to reach millions even billions of people. Keep reading and I will show you how to do it through the power of internet.I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x10 =3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....THREE HUNDRED MILLIONs PEOPLE!!! This 300 millions people just email this to 5 of his/her contacts, we reached 1.5 billions people !!! Are you excited as I am ? all you have to do is send this to 10 people or more if you can, its so simple, isn't it? Just Do it ! OK ???(If you don't understand how we can reach 1500 MILLIONS people and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.How long would all this take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten or more people within one day of receipt, all 1500 MILLIONs peopl! e could be contacted within the next 9 days !!!I'll bet you didn't think you and I had so much power, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we don't buy from EXXON-MOBIL and SHELL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Thank you
Phillip Hollsworth

shucks!

I only fill-up with Esso for so many donkey years, because it is conveniently near my home. If only SPC has more outlets. Nevertheless, will try using SPC more often from now on.

../azul123

people who dun sit around surviving on pay checks alone.. but seek out opportunities.;)

Totally agree :thumbsup:
Greatness is for those who take it........but first you must find it ;)
Singapore is full of opportunities, tat's y we have growing percentage of high-earners........

all profits that are tagged to petrol in %.

imagine previously if 1% of $75 is $0.75 now at $130 is $1.3 :D

if my revenue is tagged to petrol prices, I would of course want it to rise higher and higher. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.