Chaco sandals in Local store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azul123

Dec 4, 2004
Eastern Bloc
Anyone knows where I can get Chaco sandals or flip-flops locally? Need one with good arch support. Was looking for a Hipthorn if available locally. Thanks in advance.

../azul123

I saw them at campers corner sometime back :)

They are located at Capitol Bldg
Thanks, I think I know where that is... appreciate it :thumbsup:.

Hoping they have the model that I want.

../azul123

be prepared to pay.

not too sure the price for the model you want but around.....$170 for Z1.

It's a great investment, very comfortable and solid.

A cheaper way to get a pair is to order it online in the US and have it shipped to someone you know in the US (if there is someone la heh...)

A cheaper way to get a pair is to order it online in the US and have it shipped to someone you know in the US (if there is someone la heh...)

yup. agree. got mine online at www.campmor.com when it was having sales then.

total damage including shipping to singapore......less than S$100 for it.....i bought other sales items too, can share shipping with friends also.

I can do that, but I like to feel the fitting personally. Ordering online was my last resort.

../azul123

Yup, agree... it is a great investment especially for people with back problems. This school holiday was planning a 15day trip which requires alot of walking, that's why I need a good sandal with propoer arch support. Was hoping the store have Hipthorn in my size.

../azul123

yup. agree. got mine online at www.campmor.com when it was having sales then.

total damage including shipping to singapore......less than S$100 for it.....i bought other sales items too, can share shipping with friends also.
Thanks for sharing the website, if I can't get locally.. I shall go over that website for what I wanted.

../azul123

i got a pair from shoebuy.com for about 40+ usd. it was on special offer then. well you can do it the 'cheapskate' way...go try it on in the shops, then buy online. if the store doesn't ship international, you can use vpostusa.com. pretty decent charges. heh.

the good thing about chaco sizes is that it's pretty consistent, so a size 10 on a Z1 is the same as a size 10 on a Z2.

Remember to get round up the size if your foot size is a half size.

i'm on to my third pair now...1st pair got list while shipping back for re-sole after 3 years, 2nd pair developed cracks around the straps after another 3 years which i was told could be due to the weather in singapore. first time i see that, though.

i got a pair from shoebuy.com for about 40+ usd. it was on special offer then. well you can do it the 'cheapskate' way...go try it on in the shops, then buy online. if the store doesn't ship international, you can use vpostusa.com. pretty decent charges. heh.

the good thing about chaco sizes is that it's pretty consistent, so a size 10 on a Z1 is the same as a size 10 on a Z2.

Remember to get round up the size if your foot size is a half size.

i'm on to my third pair now...1st pair got list while shipping back for re-sole after 3 years, 2nd pair developed cracks around the straps after another 3 years which i was told could be due to the weather in singapore. first time i see that, though.
They actually have a sizing chart on their website that you can print and measure for your feet, makes ordering for your size easier.

../azul123

oh that's cool..makes it a breeze to order online then.

oh, its better to just get the sandals, because that's what they're famous for. plus it's so versatile, you can fold down the back strap or just loosen it to wear it like slippers, and for days when you dont need the extra support for the big toe, just tighten the toe strap totally and it's a normal sandal!

i love my chaco to bits. hehe. get the Z/2 model, the one with the strap for the big toe. great for outdoor use

oh that's cool..makes it a breeze to order online then.

oh, its better to just get the sandals, because that's what they're famous for. plus it's so versatile, you can fold down the back strap or just loosen it to wear it like slippers, and for days when you dont need the extra support for the big toe, just tighten the toe strap totally and it's a normal sandal!

i love my chaco to bits. hehe. get the Z/2 model, the one with the strap for the big toe. great for outdoor use
Got no choice now, called the local store just a moment ago but they don't have the models I wanted, guess I'll have to order online. The models I wanted are only due in local stores around June, need it before end May. :sweat:

Will have to order online. Thanks for directions and prompt replies, appreciate it very much. :thumbsup:

../azul123

the other websites u can look at are
www.rei.com
www.backcountry.com

normally bought my stuff there. for rei may be cheaper to just ship to singapore rather then use vpost.

best thing about chaco is that they come in wide sizes as well. gd for ppl like me with wide feet. The sole also good stuff......vibram. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.