CF to IDE Convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caspere said:
See this...

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/95989647

I am wondering if someone can adapt the CF connector like this out to a portable HDD. :bigeyes:

No lah.

That one is to connect the CF to the IDE connector on the computer motherboard so that the CF acts like a IDE storage device in the computer.

You need the CPU and the IDE controller on the motherboard to direct data traffic and process them.

OK.

How about a "pseudo CF card" to be placed inside the camera while connected to a HDD?
Shoot forever; or until the battery on either the cam or HDD runs out.

There are cabled power for DSLRs; just like the Canon DSLRs thru the battery compartment thru a hole for the cable. So it may be technically possible to "attach" the HDD to the camera like those MF digital cameras. Yes, the weight alone will negate the usefulness of 35mm DLSRs I know.

That's why a 8gig CF MD would be useful.

Clockunder said:
No lah.

That one is to connect the CF to the IDE connector on the computer motherboard so that the CF acts like a IDE storage device in the computer.

You need the CPU and the IDE controller on the motherboard to direct data traffic and process them.

READ and SEE carefully on the article before replying. Thanks.

First, it reads USE YOUR 2.5" HD AS A CF CARD.

And the picture shown that the CF adapter is a dummy connector to slot inside any CF slot and then connect out to an IDE cable for a HD.

I can also tell that the USB connector is for the power of the 2.5" harddisk

tunster said:
READ and SEE carefully on the article before replying. Thanks.

First, it reads USE YOUR 2.5" HD AS A CF CARD.

And the picture shown that the CF adapter is a dummy connector to slot inside any CF slot and then connect out to an IDE cable for a HD.

I can also tell that the USB connector is for the power of the 2.5" harddisk

Thanks.

I didn't read carefully and thought I saw a coverter cable to turn a CF card into an IDE storage device.

i was in the middle of making something like that for someone ;)
but didnt' have time to finsih it ;p been sitting on my desk for erm.. ahha 'some time' :embrass:

DSCF0066_Small_.JPG

Caspere said:
OK.

How about a "pseudo CF card" to be placed inside the camera while connected to a HDD?
Shoot forever; or until the battery on either the cam or HDD runs out.

There are cabled power for DSLRs; just like the Canon DSLRs thru the battery compartment thru a hole for the cable. So it may be technically possible to "attach" the HDD to the camera like those MF digital cameras. Yes, the weight alone will negate the usefulness of 35mm DLSRs I know.

That's why a 8gig CF MD would be useful.
you just need to close the switch on the CF door to trick the camera that the CF card bay door is closed.

yanyewkay said:
you just need to close the switch on the CF door to trick the camera that the CF card bay door is closed.

Hmmm.. in this case then the camera would be very uncomfortable to hold. How do one shoot properly with a open CF door?

A hole thru the CF door or by the edge might be better.

i was thinking removing the whole door.. :bsmilie: I'm not going to try on mine though ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.