CF Reader recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

photografixed

Jul 25, 2004
Singapore
hi there,
need your recommendation for a good CF reader that works properly with 2GB cf card. going to buy a cf card reader but afraid of the wrong brands that might spoil my expensive cf card.

thanks in advance for any replies.

:cool:

I don't think you should worry so much about the brand of the CF card reader...I think most of the readers out there (even the "brandless" ones) have a certain standard of QC that won't spoil your CF card. Haven't heard of any incidents of damaged CF cards arising from low-quality readers yet.

You may want to spend more on having a better built card reader instead...

price wise not the biggest issue but reliability is. also must not be the one that might spoil the cf card. since 2gb cf card is expensive so i need something that i'm sure of not damaging the cf card expecially the expensive cf cards.

anymore comments?

I have the promaster 12 in 1 reader. Works great, same reader that we use in the lab, and we have NEVER damaged a digital disk, card or other type of media.

If realli worried, just get the most expensive one ba....or get reputable brands like sandisk.

those $20 brandless ones can also use.. no fears
only thing is they may be actually usb1.1 connectivity only but packaged as usb2.0 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.