cf problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

solafide

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Help, I bought a magicstor card that was already formatted in fat32 which i did a check using scandisk is working fine, could not work with my dimage 7hi. upon reading some thread I tried reformatting to fat16 but could not since I am using windows 98. In desperation, I did a fdisk to remove all partitions and tried to use my cam to format it but it cannot me detected. back to the pc it went but now could not even discover the full 2 gig on the microdrive.

How do I get it to work with my dimage 7hi from my win98 laptop?

solafide said:
Help, I bought a magicstor card that was already formatted in fat32 which i did a check using scandisk is working fine, could not work with my dimage 7hi. upon reading some thread I tried reformatting to fat16 but could not since I am using windows 98. In desperation, I did a fdisk to remove all partitions and tried to use my cam to format it but it cannot me detected. back to the pc it went but now could not even discover the full 2 gig on the microdrive.

How do I get it to work with my dimage 7hi from my win98 laptop?

I think you have a tricky problem. I think the camera might require a partition on the card to work, but you have erase the partition, while something within the partition table probably will prevent win 98 from detecting it properly.

You'll need to erase off the sectors at the front, but I don't think you can do that over USB. Perhaps you might be able to do that using PC cards adaptor, but no gurantee also.

Another thing you can try is to do it over DOS. But getting the drivers to get it work under dos will be quite a pain.........

This card is probably not a good match for the 7hi.........

Status
Not open for further replies.