CF or xD card for S9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

osmond19

Apr 16, 2003
"Long Hill" town
Visit site
Hi Guys

I juz bought the S9600. Since it doesn't come with any memory card nor internal memory, I'm currently using my old 512MB CF. 512MB won't be enough for me, hence I want to buy new memory card either 1GB or 2GB.

Since this camera supports both CF and xD, which one should I buy? If really compare the performance of both type of memory card on S9600 which one is better? Of cos, I know a 2GB CF will be cheaper than 2GB xD.

Anyone tried both cards b4 on S9600, care to comment?

Congrats for ur purchase.

I had used a 512 xD (Type M) and a 1GB CF Elite Pro on the S9500 b4. Speedwise almost the same, but I somehow think think the CF is faster. Of course this is not a fair comparison as I am not comparing Type H xD with a fast CF.

IMHO, just go get CF cards. CF cards can be used by many cameras, unlike xD. Also, I don like xD card as the contact points are so well exposed and prone to reading errors if not handled carefully (do a search in the forum and u should find some of such threads). Also CF cards are cheaper.

The only reason why i am still using xD is because I have it. If i dies, i won't buy another xD. Just my 2cents. Enjoy ur camera!

Transcend just released its 266x cards while Sandisk has their Extreme IV or Ultra II series.
Kingston has Ultimate 133x.

Transcend just released its 266x cards while Sandisk has their Extreme IV or Ultra II series.
Kingston has Ultimate 133x.

i swear by transcend... on its reliablity.... sandisk is over priced.....

and you can only find XD in the tombs

User Transcend CF 266X better...

Congrats in getting your new baby bro. I would second that you get the CF too. Transcend and Kingston are OK, Sandisk is too over priced I find.

BTW, you may want to close your other thread already since you've gotten your cam.

Enjoy your new baby. ;)

i swear by transcend... on its reliablity.... sandisk is over priced.....

and you can only find XD in the tombs
yeah having the same sentiment tat of transcend's reliablity. My 512mb transcend CF has been using since 2003 till now and it's still survive. However, i do sometimes worry tat one fine day it will die on me.

i think the read/write capability for S9600 won't really benefit that much from transcend 266x CF. Kingston extreme shld be able to do the job well??

just realise one more thing, even in the S9600, they didn't mention what is the max CF size capability it can take... Wondering if I drop in a 4GB CF don't know whether it can read/write or fully utilize the 4GB?

2gb should be ok... 4gb i dunno.

Use CF lah... dun use xD. Expensive & slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.