CF Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowspeeder

Feb 16, 2004
www.themenatwork.com
What brand(s) of the CF cards do you use? And how well do you think it has served you?

Sandisk Extreme 1GB and Ultra II 1GB

Both have served my loyally for many many months... :bsmilie:

snowspeeder said:
What is/are the brand(s) of the CF cards do you use? And how well do you think it has served you?

uh, that's not a very technical question. maybe you might want to rephrase it somewhat..

Seems clear enough to me that SanDisk and Lexar have a good standing in the market. But there are also many other brands. Not sure if they're a good buy in terms of value. I'm planning on a Lexar 40X. Got news that prices might fall next week.

just got a pretec48x 512mb at $185.... i did a benchmark....seems like the card beats my sandisk ultra2 256mb in some waays.... wonder why....
any dslr user out there tried this card?
as i no dslr....can only use PC to test....

How useful really is the read/write speed of a fast CF card, if it is used on a camera with limited speed? That, I wonder.

Using Lexar Pro (40x) for oh... 2 days :bsmilie:

Quite cheap, at $399 for 1GB.. you mean price will drop somemore??? :what: :eek:

GYR

Yup...crossing my fingers on that. News was from a local distributor. Guess time will tell.

Don't need news from anyone...just look at how much is a 256mb SD selling 1year+ ago....and today....lol

infact....newer, faster and bigger size is released.... price of smaller size cards will go down....its a fact....

memory cards price will drop n drop n drop until no new cards is available.... but are u gonna continue to wait for this day? till end of ur life u might still waiting for the cheapest card to come....never ending wait...haahaa...

Only a fool would wait that long. Just need to wait for a slight plunge and that's good enough. So if its like within 2 weeks or so, a little patience helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.