CF card_ worst nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

919956g

My worst nightmare happened yesterday.

I took quite a number of pix on my CF card, When I first preview them on my lap top.
ALLs FINE.............

However, the next DAY when i tried opening the folder in the CF card.......I realise all pix s
gone.

PROPERTIES of CF CARD states that there is still files in the CARD and its still 50% occupied.
But I cant see any Files ICON in CF card Folder ,........

ADVICE....any one? Those pix really meant alot to me....lots of precious moments are captured in the CF card.......is there a more complex way to get back the FILES.

Dear 919956g,

I think you don't have to feel too bad.

What happened to me today was serious enough to warrant a second place in my history of ****ing dumb photographic blunders. AKA, 'not pro want to act pro.'

I own a 24-105mm USM EF lens right?

Correct.

I bought a 72mm ND2 filter.
Then I bought a 72mm CLP filter.

Correct.

My lens is a 77mm.

Very smart right?
A lot of money right?
Waste money buy filters of different lens size for fun right?
Waste $150 never mind. Still go and buy wrong size. Tear off labels some more. Throw away receipt some more. Smart right, Yayne?

Man...

You good... you bimbo. So now how? No CPL no ND 2 how? How to take your beach shots? How?

Go back to the store and beg them to change for you lor. Suffer enormous ridicule lor. But at least you might get your $150 back right?

Good... you very smart.

By the way. The top blunder I’ve made is impossible to surpass. I loaded 2 rolls of ISO400 film into my Nikon FM10 and forgot to change the ISO setting. Shoot on ISO400 film, shoot at ISO200 setting. In the end, all my projected slides become negative print look alikes. I was trying to become an ‘experimental’ photographer back then, you see. And what did I do? I cried.

Now? 3 years later? I buy the wrong filter size.

What’s next?
Shoot without memory card issit?

Nope. I already did that once while on a shoot. Hahahahaha. Shoot without card. I think I’m champion. No one can win me liao.

Sian.

Anyone has similar disastrous experiences?

Anyone bought 77mm filters for their lenses only to realize they are supposed to be 72mm? Perhaps we can exchange our stuff. No losses made.

Off running into a herd of stampeding buffaloes...

Sorry I'm just blabbering. This is very sad. Very dumb and very tragic.

hi yayne:) hehehe you are so cute:bsmilie:

aiyo..maybe u try to follow my kiasee style?
Always bring ur lens along to the shop and fit the filter onto ur lens to make sure it fits before buying..this way, u wont have any problem..

and also, before u get out of ur house, switch on ur cam to make sure there is memory card :) [i also forget to insert the memory card once, but luckily i was at home and i tried to shoot at home first]

919956g said:
My worst nightmare happened yesterday.

I took quite a number of pix on my CF card, When I first preview them on my lap top.
ALLs FINE.............

However, the next DAY when i tried opening the folder in the CF card.......I realise all pix s
gone.

PROPERTIES of CF CARD states that there is still files in the CARD and its still 50% occupied.
But I cant see any Files ICON in CF card Folder ,........

ADVICE....any one? Those pix really meant alot to me....lots of precious moments are captured in the CF card.......is there a more complex way to get back the FILES.

What brand is your CF card? you can ask someone to pass you the Lexar Recovery software found in the 80X Lexar cards.

davsmiths said:
What brand is your CF card? you can ask someone to pass you the Lexar Recovery software found in the 80X Lexar cards.

My CF CARD is of kingston brand.............thanks for all of ur advice dude........

You could try using a different card reader to read first. I once also got this issue. No photo oc card but luckily I use my Laptop to try to read and bingo, its still there. quickly DL and reformat the card (on camera). I was told never to format the card on PC. Camera and PC slightly different format. (I;m no PC expert so dunno what is it).

I don't know if it will help.. if you read the card using notebook cardreader or external ones, try reading it off directly from your cam? Just to check?

Yayne said:
Dear 919956g,

What happened to me today was serious enough to warrant a second place in my history of ****ing dumb photographic blunders. AKA, 'not pro want to act pro.'

Correct.

Correct.

My lens is a 77mm.

Very smart right?
A lot of money right?
Waste $150 never mind. Still go and buy wrong size. Tear off labels some more. Throw away receipt some more. Smart right, Yayne?

Man...

You good... you bimbo. So now how? No CPL no ND 2 how? How to take your beach shots? How?

Go back to the store and beg them to change for you lor. Suffer enormous ridicule lor. But at least you might get your $150 back right?

Good... you very smart.

By the way. The top blunder I’ve made is impossible to surpass. I loaded 2 rolls of ISO400 film into my Nikon FM10 and forgot to change the ISO setting. Shoot on ISO400 film, shoot at ISO200 setting. In the end, all my projected slides become negative print look alikes. I was trying to become an ‘experimental’ photographer back then, you see. And what did I do? I cried.

What’s next?

Nope. I already did that once while on a shoot. Hahahahaha. Shoot without card. I think I’m champion. No one can win me liao.

Sian.

Anyone bought 77mm filters for their lenses only to realize they are supposed to be 72mm? Perhaps we can exchange our stuff. No losses made.

5yrs ago i shot once without film.......
I only realise at the end of the event(Its CHRISTMAS EVE with my friends)
We learn from lessons.

Every 2yr there is surely 1 major NIGHTMARE WAITING FOR me.....

BY THE WAY GUYS......called the KINGSTON CF CARD guru.....he get me to go to ALBERT Tower, the one beside SIMLIM. He shall see if pix can be recovered. I was told that KINGSTON CF Card is LIFETIME warranty

Yayne said:
Dear 919956g,

Correct.

Correct.

My lens is a 77mm.

Very smart right?
A lot of money right?

Man...

Good... you very smart.

What’s next?

Sian.

If you are using a tele lens use a step down filter adapter from 77 to 72. Problem solve.;)

919956g said:
My CF CARD is of kingston brand.............thanks for all of ur advice dude........

No problem I also use kingston card and scandisk recuse pro will work. If you need a copy pm me we will arrange.:)

Yayne said:
Dear 919956g,

Correct.

Correct.

My lens is a 77mm.

Very smart right?
A lot of money right?

Man...

Good... you very smart.

What’s next?

Sian.

you should disable the shoot without CF card function...

Yayne said:
Dear 919956g,

Correct.

Correct.

My lens is a 77mm.

Very smart right?
A lot of money right?

Man...

Good... you very smart.

What’s next?

Sian.

It is experiences like this that makes our learning unforgettable....cheer up, bro!:)

Opps, feel for you....and I know the feeling. Nearly lost some images (Explorer said no images found) but recovered via software. Try those software mentioned first.

Status
Not open for further replies.