CF Card Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

spursy

Jan 23, 2005
Hi all, would like to ask something..
does the speed of the CF Card reduce the time taken for the next picture to be taken for a digicam? i know it makes a difference if the processing speed is fast for those high end models. Mine is a olymplus C5060wz, so does it make any difference if i get a high speed CF card? i was intending to get a 1GB CF card.

Thanz :)

High speed CF card is for those want to shoot continuosly (non stop shooting up to the limit of camera performance).For example if your camera able to shoot 3 frame per second but your CF card only can write 1 frame per second.So you don't fully ultilise your camera feature.High Speed CF card also allowed fasetr time data transfer to your PC.If you are not intend to shoot continuosly,buy normal one will do.Recommend brand->Kingston 1GB, IT show sell $111.90 for better performance can buy Kingston Elite Pro 1GB $124. Sandisk Ultra II and Lexar WA are those high speed CF card,they more expensive also.

ok thanz, something to add. when i'm shooting in raw mode, it takes quite a while for the picture to be recorded onto the CF card(few seconds), will it be faster if i use a high speed one instead?

High Speed one may improve your write speed,could you shoot when the card is writing?Some camera has internal write buffer,so you still can shoot while the card is writing up to certain limit.Sometimes,it also depend on your camera performance,to play safe,borrow high speed card for other people to test out,see any difference or not.If your shooting is not critical one,just wait the CF card done data writing to proceed second shoot.I don't think you need to wait quite a long time,isn't it.If not more than 1-2 seconds,it is acceptable.

eason said:
High speed CF card is for those want to shoot continuosly (non stop shooting up to the limit of camera performance).For example if your camera able to shoot 3 frame per second but your CF card only can write 1 frame per second.So you don't fully ultilise your camera feature.High Speed CF card also allowed fasetr time data transfer to your PC.If you are not intend to shoot continuosly,buy normal one will do.Recommend brand->Kingston 1GB, IT show sell $111.90 for better performance can buy Kingston Elite Pro 1GB $124. Sandisk Ultra II and Lexar WA are those high speed CF card,they more expensive also.

Hi, IT show selling Kingston Elite Pro 1Gb at $124? Which booth is that? I only saw it selling at $159 with all the other Iomega products.

thanz thanz, anyway...i actually wanted to get my CF card at IT show one..but car was already so jam that i gave up, end up buying at SLS instead..got myself a 512MB one instead..price was $59.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.