CF card reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

photografixed

Jul 25, 2004
Singapore
anyone can advice me on the cf card reader. i've got a 2gb cf card but dunno which reader card is best suited me.

main requirement is small as possible and able to support at least 2gb(more preferably). anyone?

thanks in advance for any replies.

;)

photografixed said:
anyone can advice me on the cf card reader. i've got a 2gb cf card but dunno which reader card is best suited me.

main requirement is small as possible and able to support at least 2gb(more preferably). anyone?

thanks in advance for any replies.

;)

Card readers can support cards of any capacity.

try going to SLS to find? there are hundreds of branded and OEM CF card readers of different price range and sizes.

If you only need a card reader to read CF, there's a USB 2.0 CF reader available from Fuwell (4th & 5th storey, SLS) for S$25.
If you can use Firewire (aka. IEEE-1394 or i-link), the Lexar Firewire CF reader from Eastgear is about S$70 and will be faster.

nightwolf75 said:
Card readers can support cards of any capacity.

try going to SLS to find? there are hundreds of branded and OEM CF card readers of different price range and sizes.

according to my client that makes the reader technology for these companies.. the older readers will not support the newer cards of higher capacity and speed.. make sure the reader is quite current and you wont have a problem..

any one know if the transfer rate usb2.0 is correct? I try to compare the reader usb1.0 and usb2.0 with sandisk ultra2. then I try usb2.0 with sandisk ultra 2 and sandisk normal.

I found out that not much different.

probably from cser, how to test the speed?

AReality said:
Get a good 1.
A bad 1 recently spoilt 1 of my CF card.

Wah liao :bigeyes:

Thank goodness you shared. I have an ill feeling when I look at those cheap readers and at the end bought 3 expensive ones - Belkin brand that carries lifetime warranty. Paid $75 15 months back for the first one and $47 for the last piece recently. All never give any problem despite intense use. Now I feel that I have not spend the moola badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.