CF card problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumma

Jan 5, 2005
Oulu, Finland, Finland
www.wongliji.com
harlows,

i have 2 CF cards on hand. 1 is the 1Gb lexar 80x and the 1 is the ultra 2 1Gb card.

i can't remember the exacts but when these 2 cards are used on my 10D, it gave different capacities. the lexar was able to hold about 2 times more images(same quality) compared with the sandisk ultra 2.

is there a problem with my sandisk?

have you try re-formatting the Sandisk?

drumma said:
i used a card reader and inserted the sandisk.. my computer says it has 502 mb!!! how?
re-format the sandisk and check again. should fix the problem. don't ask me the tech detail how and why, but worked for me many times. It's a good idea to reformat the card once a while so that the card is not so defragmented.

yah.. reformatted alot of times throught computer liao.. but it shows only 502 capacity.. this really sucks lei. is there a problem with my CF card? hmm...

try formatting the CF card in your camera. if it still shows 502mb then most probably there is something wrong with your CF card

drumma said:
yah.. reformatted alot of times throught computer liao.. but it shows only 502 capacity.. this really sucks lei. is there a problem with my CF card? hmm...

Dude. have you try formatting the problem card in your camera instead?
:think:

yup. after every download of pictures, i will format my card in camera.. but when i put the lexar into my camera, i realised i'm getting more images capacity. so i put my sandisk into my card reader and it says 502mb to my horror!! something's wrong? like is this a bad card? i'm not too sure lei.. this has been 1 month liao. up to now then i realised when i put the lexar in my camera.

drumma said:
yup. after every download of pictures, i will format my card in camera.. but when i put the lexar into my camera, i realised i'm getting more images capacity. so i put my sandisk into my card reader and it says 502mb to my horror!! something's wrong? like is this a bad card? i'm not too sure lei.. this has been 1 month liao. up to now then i realised when i put the lexar in my camera.

Try the card in other cameras?
:think:

don't have another camera.. put my lexar in and it reads 977mb.. don't know the sandisk is 502mb. i'm thinking that it's a high chance that there's a prob.

the problem is with me actually! i bought this 2nd hand and i nv checked if it showed 1Gb. i was just checking if the card could save every photo when i'm bursting my camera and also if the photos are corrupted. little did i know a card will have problem like this. if u ask me if it has ever shown 1Gb, i would say no because when i first bought it. i remember the max i can get is 200 jpegs instead of more as shown by the lexar.

thanks all for the help! i called sandisk and most prolly i'll have to bring down the card for them to repair..

omg!! it turned out to be a fake sandisk card!! surprised uh?! i'm surprised too.. i'll wait for the seller to call me. i've been trying to call him this evening and he hasn't called me.. if not i will disclose him as a dishonest seller liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.