CF Card Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Ds

Jan 4, 2003
Visit site
Just got a Kingston 1GB CF Card at S$395.00w/GST it is a good buy?

Well think of getting another one more.

Funan IT Mall #04-12, but just call them ,was told that just sold out ,place an order from them will collect on friday.

Originally posted by AdamGoi
5 years as for its speed, I understand there's a thread here which would link us to a site which did the test on a number of CFs. Just do a search.

hmmm....one of the slowest :(

Hmm.. write speed seems pretty close to the Transcend's 30x card on the EOS 10D.

Seem to be slower in a couple of the other tests though.

But with 5 yrs warranty and at $395, seems to be a good buy.

Originally posted by Wai
hmmm....one of the slowest :(

Based on Rob's website, the Kingston 1024MB (with edge stamp "THNCF1G02MA") on a Canon 1Ds is on the lower end of the speed list. The write speed for JPEG files is 1193KB/sec. If 1X is defined as 150KB/sec, then it is roughly 8X.

Originally posted by imaginary_number
Well, at least it's fastest than Sandisk ;)

ya...now then i know why Sandisk always use as the "standard" for comparison....

cos it is ALWAYS the slowest!!

Originally posted by Wai
ya...now then i know what Sandisk always use as the "standard" for comparison....

cos it is ALWAYS the slowest!!

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

And it's price is comparable to the rest of 'em as well.

Originally posted by 1Ds
Funan IT Mall #04-12, but just call them ,was told that just sold out ,place an order from them will collect on friday.

Hi.. interested in the CF... can you provide a contact number and name of shop to place order?

Pic And Pixel Tel:63387361, just check with them stock coming for this friday have been fully taken up.Some of my friends had left their nos for them to call up once the next shipment come in,last thing payment by cash or nets only.

Originally posted by 1Ds
Just got a Kingston 1GB CF Card at S$395.00w/GST it is a good buy?

i dun think it's the best card for your 1Ds as it is rather slow by comparison, but of course, it's a good buy considering the price and capacity ratio....

Thanks, as speed don't ready mind as I'm more on reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.