CF card for 400D + formatting CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelle

Aug 7, 2007
Hi, a few questions...

CF card for 400D
What’s the “best” CF card for a 400D taking into consideration the writing speed of 400D and the fact I probably won’t take many continuous shots? Read a few reviews, will be sticking to Sandisk/Lexar, will the Sandisk Ultra II 1GB suffice? Or would the Extreme III be a better choice?

Printing A4 Size
Planning to take some shots and print some out as A4. Canon booklet says for print size A4, Medium, Fine will do. Any idea if kiasu a bit and shoot at Large, Fine will there be any noticeable difference? Will like to "save" my memory if possible for more pics if there isn't a noticeable difference..

Formatting CF card
How important is formatting the CF card each time before use? I read somewhere in here about formatting card before use... Never did this when I was using PnS and I also use the same CF card for my PnS and DSLR..

thanks ;)

my 2 cents

1. i think ultra II is fast enough for 400d.
2. shoot raw!
3. i always format after i uploaded everything onto my pc.

1. same, feels that ultra II is fast enough... unless you keep using burst mode...
2. same, shoot rawr and you can better control in editing...
3. I have stop formatting my card already... so far nothing happens...

thanks ah, mmm heading overseas to a few places but don't want to bring along my laptop so planning to either buy more CF cards or visit internet cafe or photo processing place to get them to burn my images on a cd :think:

reluctant to shoot in raw coz i will need to buy quite a few 4gb CF card (i only have 2 X 512mb at the moment :what:) and also shoot in raw need special software to download images right? any idea whether photo processing places in general in singapore have the software to download raw images and then burn onto cd for me?

also, excuse my ignorance i'm quite computer illiterate ^^, is it even possible to store raw images onto cd (in terms of capacity)? i recall storing quite a few jpeg images (from my PnS) onto CD and the CD took so long to load/view photos and most of the time, mid-way the computer will crash...

Hi, a few questions...

CF card for 400D
What’s the “best” CF card for a 400D taking into consideration the writing speed of 400D and the fact I probably won’t take many continuous shots? Read a few reviews, will be sticking to Sandisk/Lexar, will the Sandisk Ultra II 1GB suffice? Or would the Extreme III be a better choice?

there's no best CF cards, it all depends which serves your need, like that you say, you wouldn't really take many continous shots, so a sandisk ultra 2, 4G would actuallt serve your needs. i would say 4G because someday you might run out of ammo in a full day event, unless you wanna try shoot JPEG.

Printing A4 Size
Planning to take some shots and print some out as A4. Canon booklet says for print size A4, Medium, Fine will do. Any idea if kiasu a bit and shoot at Large, Fine will there be any noticeable difference? Will like to "save" my memory if possible for more pics if there isn't a noticeable difference..

Shoot Raw is the best, because you're able to fine tune your photos & is capable to AO size prints @ 10 mp

Formatting CF card
How important is formatting the CF card each time before use? I read somewhere in here about formatting card before use... Never did this when I was using PnS and I also use the same CF card for my PnS and DSLR..

Just format after you upload those photos into your com. cause it'll be messy after some times.

thanks ah, mmm heading overseas to a few places but don't want to bring along my laptop so planning to either buy more CF cards or visit internet cafe or photo processing place to get them to burn my images on a cd :think:

reluctant to shoot in raw coz i will need to buy quite a few 4gb CF card (i only have 2 X 512mb at the moment :what:) and also shoot in raw need special software to download images right? any idea whether photo processing places in general in singapore have the software to download raw images and then burn onto cd for me?

also, excuse my ignorance i'm quite computer illiterate ^^, is it even possible to store raw images onto cd (in terms of capacity)? i recall storing quite a few jpeg images (from my PnS) onto CD and the CD took so long to load/view photos and most of the time, mid-way the computer will crash...

get a 4gb cf card la. keep so many. later all lost then u hum bin already. :bsmilie:

im not sure whether the general photoshops can do it for u or not. but raw files can be stored. i think u need to buy a new pc.

The softwares to open and edit your raw files are included when you purchase your camera. If I'm not wrong, it should be Digital Photo Professional (DPP).

You should be able to store raw files into CD/DVD without DPP, unless you want to do editing before storing them to CD/DVD.

ok i seee... is it possible to save raw + jpeg images onto 1 cf with 400d? e.g. if i'm taking scenic photos with the possibility of printing A4, i shoot in raw and then when i take pics with friends and will print only 4R, i shoot in jpeg. possible?

boredphuck, eh what's hum bin? is that cantonese? :dunno:

ok i seee... is it possible to save raw + jpeg images onto 1 cf with 400d? e.g. if i'm taking scenic photos with the possibility of printing A4, i shoot in raw and then when i take pics with friends and will print only 4R, i shoot in jpeg. possible?

boredphuck, eh what's hum bin? is that cantonese? :dunno:

can save both raw n jpeg. but it will be troublesome if u want to switch btw both when u shoot. just shoot in jpeg if u dun have intention to edit them.

humbin is cantonese i think. something like have a nightmare. :sweatsm:

mmm ok will see how... thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.