CF Card Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

plinius

May 22, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi all,

need some help here about my CF card. it was working fine till i took it out from my 300D and transfer it to my comp card reader for downloading. The comp reflects that the CF card was not formatted! and when i tried to reinsert into the 300D, it reads CF card error.....

how may i recover all my pics in the CF cards?

latest update: now my card can be read but all data lost! sigh....anyone knows why? how to prevent such things from happening in the future?

thanks....

pse help.

thank you.

cheers...........

plinius said:
Transcend.....

Never know Transcend Card is having this type of error. Normally found in Harigawari Card Only .....

Don't think you can recover the data as the information is jumbled up.

Tried putting into another DC and see if it reads? It might be the card's faulty, there seems to be a thread somewhere on recovery software, do a search and see?

If last resort, then no choice lor :( format.

I have the software, but then cannot send u since it is not a shareware. You can download a trial version online to see if you can recover the images (do a search, there are various softwares that works) You need an external card reader and for your sectors to be not over written.

The trial software's does the same thing except you cannot save. But at least you know whether it is possible to recover.

No worries, I've tried formatting a few times and it works. Unless the info is corrupted or overwritten, they can be recovered.

PM me if you need anymore help.

thanks for the offer.....all data lost.... :(
i have already formatted the card, hope that the same thing will not happen twice........... :sweat:

HelmetBox said:
I have the software, but then cannot send u since it is not a shareware. You can download a trial version online to see if you can recover the images (do a search, there are various softwares that works) You need an external card reader and for your sectors to be not over written.

The trial software's does the same thing except you cannot save. But at least you know whether it is possible to recover.

No worries, I've tried formatting a few times and it works. Unless the info is corrupted or overwritten, they can be recovered.

PM me if you need anymore help.

Sad to say Transcend card have recently been A LOT OF problems! :thumbsd: to Transcend..

Hagiwara on the other hand have performed up to expectations! :thumbsup:

blurblock said:
Never know Transcend Card is having this type of error. Normally found in Harigawari Card Only .....

Don't think you can recover the data as the information is jumbled up.

plinius said:
thanks for the offer.....all data lost.... :(
i have already formatted the card, hope that the same thing will not happen twice........... :sweat:

no no no! the data can be recovered even if the card is formatted! As long as u dun write over the card again and use the formatted sectors, the program can recover ur images!

I'll find the link to the trial software, download it and try if u can recover the images. U can't save as I mentioned but at least u know whether ur photos are still in ur card. After u do, maybe u can consider paying for the program or asking people who have it to help u out.

I'll do a search and post in a while.

DUN GIVE UP!

HelmetBox,

Thanks for the help.... :thumbsup:

unfortunately i am unable to recover the full pict, only partial, i.e. the picts are truncated :cry:

thanks!!

cheers.......

HelmetBox said:

plinius said:
HelmetBox,

Thanks for the help.... :thumbsup:

unfortunately i am unable to recover the full pict, only partial, i.e. the picts are truncated :cry:

thanks!!

cheers.......

All the picts? Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that.

No prob, glad to be of assistance. :D

I think from what you said, it appears that the data got corrupted, probably while writing or reading.

Sometimes we really can't blame the card.

My card failed on me just yesterday when I was at Sitex trying to take some picts. It was more of my bad habit instead of the card being faulty. I always immediately click to view the picts after taking a burst of shots, which sometimes screws up the writing of the last few picts, causing a bad write.

The first time it happened i blamed the card and realised after a few occasions that its actually the kuku user (me! :bsmilie: )

So check where you went wrong so that it never happens again. If you do everything right and the card still fails, smash it. heheheeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.