cf card error on c5050z...

Status
Not open for further replies.

beivied

May 8, 2003
East, Singapore
I have been using my C5050Z for two years, and recently encounter this card error problem.

It started when I switched cards with my friend's C5060Z. If I used the card on C5060Z and then switch to 5050, the camera will prompt card error. As long as I delete the photos or format the card, it is ok. At best I cant view the photos taken in 5060 on 5050.

Now if I put any CF card into my 5050, it will prompt card error even for usage. and when switched to display mode, it will show two selections, "POWER OFF", and "FORMAT". which the first time i chose the latter, it worked.

Now it doesnt ... whats wrong???? Can anyone help? :cry:

suggest you try yet another CF card, if possible a new one to make sure that the issue is not with your c5050z.

if still get the same problem, 2 possibilities:
1. your c5050z's card reader pins are oxidised or dirty, try using a compressed air can or use cotton bud with alcohol to clean
2. your c5050z's card reader is faulty, electronic problem, have to send in for servicing

if need help with "new" CF card, let me know, I am located at Tanjong Pagar area during office hours, can test for you, also using a C5050Z. it is a terrific camera, just that i am selling my backup unit. yes, i have 2 of them :)

the second try is with a new cf card already ... with the old one, i can use it after formatting. with the new one, cannot ..

beivied said:
the second try is with a new cf card already ... with the old one, i can use it after formatting. with the new one, cannot ..

so for the new card, after putting it in and formatting it, will the problem repeat after you remove the card and put it back in again?

tao said:
so for the new card, after putting it in and formatting it, will the problem repeat after you remove the card and put it back in again?

yes... i cant try with the old cf card cos not with me...

What is the error message shown?

If all fails, u can format the CF on a CF reader via a PC.

I once got a CF which I tot was spoilt. I can't format it onthe camera (or even on another camera). The Cameras just don't read the card.
But after formatting it on my PC, all okay after that,

serene: error message ah ... err, it just give me two options lor. "format"and "power off". nothing else...

waz: tried formatting the card, doesnt work. took an old 128mb card. works. the card that doesnt work is a PNY 1gb card. it worked on a 300D though..

Status
Not open for further replies.