CF Card Adapter..got use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
1aaf1ba5.jpg

Have no experience using this.
But let's say if I am running out of CF cards (hypothetically) and I have only some SD left for my camera which reads only CF, then maybe it will come in handy.
The question I would ask it: does it slow down the card?
I would love to see the replies from all experienced users.
Thanks for raising this thread, Reportage!

should be good for people who have different cameras using SD cards, so can use the same SD cards on SLR that need CF...

price wise G for G SD n CF card abt the same right so no econmic advantage

where to buy one? Good as backup as i got a lot of SD but 1 CF card :(

Well, need to take note of how will the adapter affect the write speed of the sd card. No pt using a 30MB/S SD card in a adapter than maybe reduce the write speed to less than say 6mb/s ?

I might eventually give this a try together with a Eye-Fi card.

If only eyeFi makes CF cards too.. with more real estate maybe it'll be cheaper or have better performance/capability..

Well, if I understand the technology correctly, you don't need the bigger capacity memory from the card since the photos will be transmitted to a nearby server (PC). The only thing with a CF card slot camera and a SD Eye-Fi is the speed reduction since WiFi speed is not going to be fast by itself.

Bigger size means less miniaturization of the WiFi circuits and possibly lower cost. A bigger antenna might help with wireless transmission too..

Nothing to do with the card capacity..

I might eventually give this a try together with a Eye-Fi card.

If only eyeFi makes CF cards too.. with more real estate maybe it'll be cheaper or have better performance/capability..

You have both raised a very interesting and practical suggestion for me.
I am ignorant of this Eye-fi SD card. Is it already available in the market?

using CF Card Adapter with Eye-fi wifi card is not that straight forward, first thing Eye-fi does not recommend doing that.

second thing the effective range reduced..

third thing is not all cameras compatible, eg Nikon D700 does not work well..

using CF Card Adapter with Eye-fi wifi card is not that straight forward, first thing Eye-fi does not recommend doing that.

second thing the effective range reduced..

third thing is not all cameras compatible, eg Nikon D700 does not work well..

Interesting point, catchlights.
I am totally not aware of this Eye-fi SD card at all. That is why it sounds exciting to me.
As the way things usually goes, it should make its way to Singapore in time to come.
We will certainly have more reviews.
Thanks for the lead up, catchlight.
Sorry Reportage, OT on your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.