Cemeteries and Haunted Places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vynara

Feb 6, 2004
Singapore, Holland Village
I got a taste of the morbid, forgive me :sweat: but yes, I would like to know what are your thoughts on photography in a cemetery/haunted places. If you have done so, do you say a prayer before/after for disturbing the dead?

Also... what are good cemetery locations in Singapore? Did a search at streetdirectory.com but would prefer recommandations from the more experienced peepz :) And of course any haunted places. thanks in advance!

Vynara said:
I got a taste of the morbid, forgive me :sweat: but yes, I would like to know what are your thoughts on photography in a cemetery/haunted places. If you have done so, do you say a prayer before/after for disturbing the dead?

Also... what are good cemetery locations in Singapore? Did a search at streetdirectory.com but would prefer recommandations from the more experienced peepz :) And of course any haunted places. thanks in advance!

Looks like we share the same interests. I go exploring and shooting in cemeteries and abandoned places. Anyway, u can try these places which I have been before:

1) Bidadari Cemetery - Not many tombstones left as many have already been exhumed
2) Bukit Brown Cemetery - a very spooky Chinese cemetery and it is very big! The place has got very interesting Chinese tombstones though.
3) Lim Chu Kang Cemetery - Nice and quiet place. Doesnt have the 'old' feel associate with Bidadari Cemetery though, in my opinion.

If u dun mind, maybe we can go shoot at these places one day.

lazyfiddler said:
Looks like we share the same interests. I go exploring and shooting in cemeteries and abandoned places. Anyway, u can try these places which I have been before:

1) Bidadari Cemetery - Not many tombstones left as many have already been exhumed
2) Bukit Brown Cemetery - a very spooky Chinese cemetery and it is very big! The place has got very interesting Chinese tombstones though.
3) Lim Chu Kang Cemetery - Nice and quiet place. Doesnt have the 'old' feel associate with Bidadari Cemetery though, in my opinion.

http://www.spi.com.sg/main/index.htm

:sweat:
lazyfiddler said:

YES! Let's go together. I'm a scaredly cat :p

thanks for ur suggestions! I would try LCK soon... btw did u just go and shoot? no.. erm... prayers or anything? Did you carry any sort of religious protection? *scared* :sweat:

:eek:
simonsng said:
yup I'm surfing there now too.... I think one of the photos taken at the Red House was FREAKY!

Picture can be found here

There's supposed to be green arrows pointing to the freaky part, but you can just view the picture, for this particular one the freakiness struck me the moment I saw it *shudders* :eek: :eek:

Vynara said:
:sweat:

YES! Let's go together. I'm a scaredly cat :p

thanks for ur suggestions! I would try LCK soon... btw did u just go and shoot? no.. erm... prayers or anything? Did you carry any sort of religious protection? *scared* :sweat:

ok... will PM soon to arrange.

Ummmm.... usually i just go and shoot. no prayers whatsoever.. and I dun carry any religious protection. actually I am more afraid of snakes and dogs within these areas!

ah.... another area that I like to go is Kranji War Cemetery. Very nice and tranquil place.

lazyfiddler said:
ok... will PM soon to arrange.

Ummmm.... usually i just go and shoot. no prayers whatsoever.. and I dun carry any religious protection. actually I am more afraid of snakes and dogs within these areas!

ah.... another area that I like to go is Kranji War Cemetery. Very nice and tranquil place.

haha, Kranji was the first place I wanted to go after I buy my Canon A80 :bsmilie:

Lazyfiddler, wanna sign up together as photographers for SPI???????

Go with a pure mind, respect the dead, don't take away things nor put in new things. Try to walk on the footpath, and don't critique the way the tombstone or the wordings. One important word, RESPECT. With that, I think all should be ok.

Some shameless plug here. :)

/location CCK

AJ23 said:
Go with a pure mind, respect the dead, don't take away things nor put in new things. Try to walk on the footpath, and don't critique the way the tombstone or the wordings. One important word, RESPECT. With that, I think all should be ok.

/location CCK

great advice that i'll keep in mind... save for the footpath thing, heh. oh well...

oh yes! I saw that photos of yours... WONDEFFUL. I love the way you protray the girl.... spooky yet seducing :bigeyes:

Vynara said:
great advice that i'll keep in mind... save for the footpath thing, heh. oh well...

oh yes! I saw that photos of yours... WONDEFFUL. I love the way you protray the girl.... spooky yet seducing :bigeyes:

Thank you for your kind comments. :)

So anyone want to be my next model? :cool: ;) :p

AJ23 said:

/location CCK

Thanks for sharing your photos. :) Btw, can you tell me which part of CCK cemetery were the pictures taken? thanks!

Sausage said:
I'm interested in a cemetary photoshoot. Just scenery. Anyone wants to go?

err... which cemetery are u thinking of doing the photoshoot?

why not u try isolated places (eg punggol, tuas, woodlands, NTU, area E, etc) first b4 venturing to cemetry

Vynara said:
lol. where do u get your models anyway?

From people who asked who want to join the shoot. ;)

Nah... just friends who want to shoot there. You can also become the model. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.