Celebrity Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Potter

Jun 30, 2005
Hogwarts
If everything is the same (not hot dates, no special requirement, local wedding) standard, will you charge extra because your clients are famous celebrity??

If the celebrity is famous international star but he is just having a standard wedding here, will you still charge extra??

Charging extra is solely based on the fact that he is a international celebrity, not because you have to spend extra on equipment, insurance, backup photographers.... ....

normally, the reverse might be true. ;)

No, I would not charge more. Not sure about Singapore, but in some places, depending on local law, it might be on the borderline of being illegal for price discrimnation as you have mentioned.

If everything is the same (not hot dates, no special requirement, local wedding) standard, will you charge extra because your clients are famous celebrity??

If the celebrity is famous international star but he is just having a standard wedding here, will you still charge extra??

Charging extra is solely based on the fact that he is a international celebrity, not because you have to spend extra on equipment, insurance, backup photographers.... ....
good question, but before that, why would they come to you instead of somebody else??

if you are already "somebody" in this industry, charge your usual rate is good enough.

You mean celebrity, photographers give free (sponsorship) or cheaper??

Simply put it, yes. There are also those who leave everything to wedding planners, so as the lowest part of the "food chain". The cheaper the better.

But really depends on the celebrity, some want the most expensive and lavish type.. only the most lavish package regardless of pricing, some juz look at the pricing assuming every $ they spent is for better quality.

The again if he/she is famous internationally, do you think only 1 team of photogs would hired?

If he is a famous celebrity, I am sure he would want the very best for his big day and that includes the best photgrapher. His "best" photographer should be commanding a high fee; so why the need to jack up just because he's somebody? I know in any industry there are ppl who would do that but to me it's unethical.

Simply put it, yes. There are also those who leave everything to wedding planners, so as the lowest part of the "food chain". The cheaper the better.

But really depends on the celebrity, some want the most expensive and lavish type.. only the most lavish package regardless of pricing, some juz look at the pricing assuming every $ they spent is for better quality.

The again if he/she is famous internationally, do you think only 1 team of photogs would hired?
if "somebody" is being hired, he or she will make sure nobody can shoot the same wedding.

IF (now that is a BIG IF), a famous international star choose me to take photo or video, I would do it for free... Imagine, I can tell all my future clients that I was the official photo/videographer for his/her wedding!!

If it is a wedding of a famous international celebrity, you'll find lots of photographers from all the major newspaper/magazines, paparazzi, fans etc fighting to gain entrance to cover the wedding. The celebrity will get lots of coverage FOC.

if "somebody" is being hired, he or she will make sure nobody can shoot the same wedding.

Heeheehee... I believe kelccm hav answered.

The photog might hav some relative quiet and private times with the couple when "off stage" but when the ceremony is on... all hell breaks loose. :bsmilie: :bigeyes:

IF (now that is a BIG IF), a famous international star choose me to take photo or video, I would do it for free... Imagine, I can tell all my future clients that I was the official photo/videographer for his/her wedding!!

Unless he is your very good friend, if he chooses you, why not charge him a fee. Afterall, he can afford it. Whether or not you get paid for the service, you will still be able to put this assignment as part of your portfolio.

Unless he is your very good friend, if he chooses you, why not charge him a fee. Afterall, he can afford it. Whether or not you get paid for the service, you will still be able to put this assignment as part of your portfolio.

It really depends on if you are looking for him or he's looking for you. ;)

Heeheehee... I believe kelccm hav answered.

The photog might hav some relative quiet and private times with the couple when "off stage" but when the ceremony is on... all hell breaks loose. :bsmilie: :bigeyes:
depend what type of celebrity you are talking about, if he/she hire Denis Reggie, no one get close.

depend what type of celebrity you are talking about, if he/she hire Denis Reggie, no one get close.

TS mentioned standard wedding here (in sg) leh. Possible to be Denis Reggie meh. :dunno:

If it is a wedding of a famous international celebrity, you'll find lots of photographers from all the major newspaper/magazines, paparazzi, fans etc fighting to gain entrance to cover the wedding. The celebrity will get lots of coverage FOC.

If I am offered the chance, I will BAN ALL PHOTOGRAPHY FROM REPORTERS ETC... So all who wants the pics, must have the permission from my client. Also, must get thru me and I will sell all the pics with tons of royalties. They don't like (press ppl), then don't get the pics loor.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, that's a lot more kaching rite... :heart:

So being a celebrity is really good.... got sponsors for lots of things even though they are already so rich...

so what type of celebrity???

izit register new a/c in CS to look for photographers that type??

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

realli hard to tell, we are all guessing blind aniway. :dunno:

I believe, most likely, they will depend a lot on wedding planners, so my post on being the end of the "food chain" applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.