Celebrate as One@Hougang

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
good shots...simple and not fanciful stuff

very good enough to sense the happy amostphere in ur pics...well done!

germ_boi

Oct 3, 2003
Sedna, Orion Stars
Visit site
honestly, i think all these shots, very atypical snappish style. jUst honEst.

why?

1.though this is a event, with lotsa human traffic and stuff, ALL your shots background constitutes of highly distracting background. we would at least expect some to be of acceptable closeups and stuff... :dunno:

2.its quite obvious that strong direct flash was used. The result? ppl faces turn red. or brings unneccessary, undue attention to other objects that reflect.

3. What were u trying toachieve in the shots? if its just for u to smile and say, 'i was there before...' u are there already. Congrats.

lemme think, the fact that u are posting so few shots, are these your BEST shots? if yes.. i think u gotta re-think abt the way u shoot photos.

sorry. but these are my frank and honest opinions to your :think: , photographs?

CaeSiuM

Dec 22, 2002
Singapore, Bedok
www.paintingmoments.com
germ_boi said:
honestly, i think all these shots, very atypical snappish style. jUst honEst.

why?

1.though this is a event, with lotsa human traffic and stuff, ALL your shots background constitutes of highly distracting background. we would at least expect some to be of acceptable closeups and stuff... :dunno:

2.its quite obvious that strong direct flash was used. The result? ppl faces turn red. or brings unneccessary, undue attention to other objects that reflect.

3. What were u trying toachieve in the shots? if its just for u to smile and say, 'i was there before...' u are there already. Congrats.

lemme think, the fact that u are posting so few shots, are these your BEST shots? if yes.. i think u gotta re-think abt the way u shoot photos.

sorry. but these are my frank and honest opinions to your :think: , photographs?
Interesting analogy there. Maybe photos with a lot of bokeh to blur out the background or photoshop to white out the background might do better? :)

I supposed the number of shots that I've posted here aren't as few as http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=86906

What am I trying to achieve you ask? Well though it's a volunteer shoot, I still treat it as a client-photographer relation and ask what kind of shots they are looking for. If it's an event, what do you think? :D

That's a thought. Maybe I should start shooting headshots of people without any expression. ;)

germ_boi

Oct 3, 2003
Sedna, Orion Stars
Visit site
nah.. no need so mah fan.. just shoot right at the the start u dun have to bother abt PS. :bsmilie:

as for the headshots. Expressionless? What was i trying to portray in that shot? think again. To bring out the foray of uniform groups in DHS. My end in mind was to have a picture file with 4 uniform groups in each quarter. Hence for the expressionless view.

my few as in, are these the best u can do?

:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.