CCD and CMOS Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reallywannabe

May 15, 2007
Hi All,

does any one know the different between a CCD and CMOS Sensor(if there is any different at at all).
What about the image Quality?

Thanks

Here's some good links:

1. www.google.com

2. Is CMOS sensor really better than CCD's?
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=272993&highlight=CCD+CMOS

3. CCD vs CMOS
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=272713&highlight=CCD+CMOS

4. Digital Camera Sensor Technologies
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=263878&highlight=CCD+CMOS

It's astonishing how much you can find if you only try.

Yah found all those link after i posted.
I guess the Question just repeat itself over and over again

Perhaps we worry too much about technology that we tend to forget about the operator.
To me CMOS and CCD sensor Technology practically has the came function...to store digitized images in our digital cameras. :thumbsup:

Perhaps we worry too much about technology that we tend to forget about the operator.
To me CMOS and CCD sensor Technology practically has the came function...to store digitized images in our digital cameras. :thumbsup:
Errr...., you mean to capture image and convert to digitized images? To store digitized images is memory card job.

Regards,
Arto.

CMOS or CCD is a manufacturer way/process to achieve something from what we know as silicon wafer.

Both have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Regards,
Arto.

Errr...., you mean to capture image and convert to digitized images? To store digitized images is memory card job.

Regards,
Arto.

My Bad, I got a little blur just now...whether its cmos or ccd, its job is to capture the scene and digitize it to be stored in the memory card...sorry for the misunderstandings ;)

Hi All,

does any one know the different between a CCD and CMOS Sensor(if there is any different at at all).
What about the image Quality?

Thanks

I prefer Canon CMOS, low noise at ISO 3200

I prefer Canon CMOS, low noise at ISO 3200

We're talking about CCD vs. CMOS, not brand vs. brand. Please stay on-topic.

I noticed that professional female models and portraits tend to be shot with Canon whilst professional landscapes etc with Nikon. Is softness generally associated with Canon and hardness with Nikon? Do girls like their photos Canonised whils guys Nikonised?

Anyone care to elaborate?

I noticed that professional female models and portraits tend to be shot with Canon whilst professional landscapes etc with Nikon. Is softness generally associated with Canon and hardness with Nikon? Do girls like their photos Canonised whils guys Nikonised?

I think you are on the wrong thread......

Please post this in your own thread.

there is no brand vs brand here. Thanks

You started it with "I prefer Canon CMOS, low noise at ISO 3200".

So that brings the brand into it. So might as well also mention it blows highlights? Or now should we compare it to Sony CMOS? No, right? So don't mention a brand name and then claim "there is no brand vs. brand".

Anyone knows of a site where they have exactly the same pic in both CCD and CMOS? That should settle things a little.

Sorry. New here. How can I take it out?

All I know is CMOS and CCDs are just a bunch of Nano Components...the cutting edge of these two lie on the hands of the professional designers that make them work in a camera body.

We as photographer will use them accordingly no matter the Brand of it :thumbsup:
Any short comings?...work around it :bsmilie:
Wish for the day our camera bodies could interchange sensors too :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.