Caveat emptor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Was out after lunch with my colleagues and happen to pop into an electronics store a few weeks back. There were 2 staff there, one was on the phone and another guy was serving my friend. I was browsing around waiting for him when I overheard this (one-sided) conversation by the staff on the phone:

"OK, OK... so how many units you got?"

(pause)

"Got full package? Need box and everything la..."

(pause)

"Casing? Never mind la. As long as customer can't tell its second hand no problem.. so how many units you have?"

(pause)

"OK... I take all. Send over as usual"

Upon hearing I went outside where a few colleagues were still browsing and told them "Err, lets go. Don't think should buy from here. Tell you story later" :confused:

I must say that was an eye opener for me. From now on, I'll buy my electronics from more reputable shops... What do you think?

And plase don't ask me to reveal that shop's name. As far as the law is concerned, this is hearsay and I don't wanna get in trouble. Just sharing to warn others about buying from dubious shops.

sometimes its so hard to tell 2nd hand from 1st hand, or even display sets from non display sets...

Don't know which is worse, being sold a display unit or a second hand unit :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.