Caution on seller


Status
Not open for further replies.

edwinong

New Member
Aug 21, 2004
55
0
0
48
#1
All,

Had a seller on HWZ fly aeroplane on me. When I did a search on his mobile phone, I see that he is also a member of this forum. Good thing he is not an active member but I see that his only recent post was dated Sep 05 -> http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=153705

His thread on HWZ is http://sg.hardwarezone.com/classified/view.php?cid=18&id=773588.

Here's the incident I encountered today:
1. Confirmed with seller last night to buy the Sony T1 at $260 today.
2. Confirmed again at 9:58 am today to meet at Segar LRT at 11:30 am instead of CCK as he got home late last night and not able to deal early, so I offered to meet him at LRT close to his home.
3. Was about to board the LRT with my wife and daughter when I received SMS to cancel the transaction at 11:01 am today, claiming the brother decided not to sell.

A very inconsiderate seller and think others should be aware. This is not to stop other from dealing with him but in event anyone should wish to deal, please be extra careful and confirm accordingly.
 

glennyong

Senior Member
May 2, 2004
5,587
0
0
Singapore
#2
hwz, plenty of such pple around lah... used to it already. and plenty of ******s who offer ridiculous offers for a new printer.

some blardy fool actually offered a $90 for a NEW R210 epson printer. i screwed him on my email. and those who offered my ridiculous offers all got screwed ... ;(

but in the end. its the yahoo! auctions that got the printer sold.. heh!
 

edwinong

New Member
Aug 21, 2004
55
0
0
48
#3
Have no problem with people cancelling transactions but not after re-confirm 90 minutes before the deal and cancelling 30 minutes before the meet up.
Anyway, not trying to have prevent people from dealing with him but just make sure you confirm again and again.
 

markccm

Deregistered
Jan 25, 2003
2,095
0
0
Asylum, Ward 4444
Visit site
#4
I had a similar situation here

Just an update, that fella who flew my aeroplane sold a Fuji S2 not too long ago, coz he upgrading to D200 ;)

yes, he is still around in the forums with the same nick...
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,339
0
0
Earth
louisleow.blogspot.com
#5
i can understand your fustration,for me,i kena not once but twice.

Once on this forum and once from HWZ.
The guy from this forum send me an sms saying cancel when he suppose to buy my item and i was at the meeting place!
 

itchy

New Member
Aug 19, 2004
396
0
0
Katong
#6
Too bad it's not like battlenet where u can BANLIST these pple from the forums...
 

BBTM

Senior Member
Nov 23, 2004
2,211
6
38
BB West
#7
Lucky for me, 2 deals within 4 hrs and both turn up. I am the buyer actually but seller still make it on time. :thumbsup:
 

alan1996

New Member
Sep 29, 2005
459
0
0
46
Singapore, Clementi
#8
They back out cause be due to someone going to pay more. Although he have agree to sell to you. So to sell to the late but higher buyer, he tell you he has change his mind on selling the item.

Once a late bider will pay about 20% more but as I have agree to sell to someone, I have to say no to him. :D
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#9
U think ur case is bad enough?
When I sold my digicam few months ago, a guy sms me wanted to deal, arranged to meet 8pm at Serangoon housing block, I waited from 8pm-9pm, no show, then the guy sms me said he changed his mind, did not even meet up!
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#10
Such crap are inevitable my friend. Juz take it as a lesson.

I put my trust the buyer to exercise responsibility and integrity (not say last minute price crash, put aeroplane, etc) when dealing. Similarly as a seller, I exercise my personal responsibility and integrity as well (when I say the stuff is as such, it is as such).

This flows both ways.

But in this case, the responsibility's on the seller...
 

glennyong

Senior Member
May 2, 2004
5,587
0
0
Singapore
#11
but at least the buyer has to have some integrity and responsibility and some little initiative too..
 

popeye

New Member
Apr 14, 2003
433
0
0
Visit site
#12
markccm said:
I had a similar situation here

Just an update, that fella who flew my aeroplane sold a Fuji S2 not too long ago, coz he upgrading to D200 ;)

yes, he is still around in the forums with the same nick...

dude, if you can't reveal the name, then please stop making such useless comment.
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#14
markccm said:
does the admin or moderators in CS allow me to release?
if they do, i will gladly release the name.
dun think admin or mod got rights to stop u, but i think you gotta be responsible for your own actions... just my .02 cents worth...
 

markccm

Deregistered
Jan 25, 2003
2,095
0
0
Asylum, Ward 4444
Visit site
#15
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
dun think admin or mod got rights to stop u, but i think you gotta be responsible for your own actions... just my .02 cents worth...
thanks mate :)

i only posted coz i know the thread starter from another forum & just wanna share with him that he is not alone.
i'm sure there r many others out there who have similar experiences.

in my previous thread, there have been ppl who PM me asking who the person is & i revealed.

maybe to some its useless :rolleyes:
 

#18
edwinong said:
All,

Had a seller on HWZ fly aeroplane on me. When I did a search on his mobile phone, I see that he is also a member of this forum. Good thing he is not an active member but I see that his only recent post was dated Sep 05 -> http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=153705

His thread on HWZ is http://sg.hardwarezone.com/classified/view.php?cid=18&id=773588.

Here's the incident I encountered today:
1. Confirmed with seller last night to buy the Sony T1 at $260 today.
2. Confirmed again at 9:58 am today to meet at Segar LRT at 11:30 am instead of CCK as he got home late last night and not able to deal early, so I offered to meet him at LRT close to his home.
3. Was about to board the LRT with my wife and daughter when I received SMS to cancel the transaction at 11:01 am today, claiming the brother decided not to sell.

A very inconsiderate seller and think others should be aware. This is not to stop other from dealing with him but in event anyone should wish to deal, please be extra careful and confirm accordingly.
If what he said is true that his brother had decided not to sell, so it might not even be his fault if his brother decided last minute not to sell the camera ? So I don't think it entirely correct to blame him. Did he apologised in wasting your time and efforts ?
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#19
majere2sg said:
If what he said is true that his brother had decided not to sell, so it might not even be his fault if his brother decided last minute not to sell the camera ? So I don't think it entirely correct to blame him. Did he apologised in wasting your time and efforts ?
Its always easy to put aside the blame to brother, sister, parent, wife, husband, friends, except oneself. What so difficult to own up the blame? :think:
 

#20
Astin said:
Its always easy to put aside the blame to brother, sister, parent, wife, husband, friends, except oneself. What so difficult to own up the blame? :think:
Its not the matter of putting the blame on others, its whether he is telling the truth. If it is the truth, what the point of owning up the blame ? It is just the matter of trust whether he is telling the truth. At least he should apologised on his brother behalf. No offence, just my thoughts.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom