Caustic Vision - collection of conceptual pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

velasco

Jul 7, 2006
PARISris , Singapore
ukellyclarkson.com
Hey,it's great to be back after a long hiatus! The previous thread got deleted, so I'll conjure a new one. I'm here to introduce a perspective to photography thats quite unexplored in clubsnap. Conceptual art with infusion of poetry (mediocre ones of course).

Conceptual art is art in which the concept(s) or idea(s) involved in the work take precedence over traditional aesthetic and material concerns.

In conceptual art the idea or concept is the most important aspect of the work. The idea becomes a machine that makes the art. – Sol LeWitt, "Paragraphs on Conceptual Art", Artforum, June 1967.

Yes, these pieces are manipulated to the extent sufficient enough to deliver my visions, so please do try to accept this fresh concept. The technical aspects of the photograph might be substandard but I hope you don't flame me solely on my heavy reliance on postprocessing. I also hope that you are able to appreciate them in the name of art. I would love for you to shoot me your interpretation of the works, that'll be so awesome.

Square crops= love
All shots taken with Canon Powershot S5 IS or Canon EOS 450D.

Without further ado, let the show begin :thumbsup:

001. I'd play a song that would never ever end

3589187810_eeaa370fab.jpg

Papa, do you still remember?
just the two of us
sitting, waiting, wishing.
I won't let go Papa.
I won't go to the city.
I'd rather stay here
in your arms.
I'm home , Papa.
I'm home,
but you ain't there
.​

I know a picture speaks a thousand words but i love babbling so don't mind me.

This one is simple- a love between a father and a child. Those kinda heartwarming novels where ‘what-ifs’ and ‘could have beens’ were the focal point. A dramatic and sentimental feel when the child comes back only to stumble on the news of death of their loved ones.
I initially want to give it those country Texan ranches ,big ol’ cowboy and whatnots feel but to no avail. Shot somewhere in Bedok :D

Last edited:
hi

this is how i intepret the image( without readin on the poem)

some unfortunate death. the whole pictures gives an eerie feeling. and colours are a tad too saturated,

but after reading the poem. it is somehow force into my head an image of a dad and kid staring back at you.

for me personally. i would have gone for a light sephia treatment with a little lesser edge burn if i would want to evoke memories.

but again. this is my personal preference. if it works for you then ok. ;)

an interesting concept tho. keep it up.

Cheers

hi
im actually really curious what you do in photoshop to get the texture? the BG looks like your usual grass patch but when i look closer, it appears to fade into tree bark or something. not really a fan of sentimental photo-stories but nicely done!

hi

this is how i intepret the image( without readin on the poem)

some unfortunate death. the whole pictures gives an eerie feeling. and colours are a tad too saturated,

but after reading the poem. it is somehow force into my head an image of a dad and kid staring back at you.

for me personally. i would have gone for a light sephia treatment with a little lesser edge burn if i would want to evoke memories.

but again. this is my personal preference. if it works for you then ok. ;)

an interesting concept tho. keep it up.

Cheers

thanks im glad you gave your point of view. yesh the green was to keep the natural feel intact. i was listening to a country song doing this so the feel derived from there.

hi
im actually really curious what you do in photoshop to get the texture? the BG looks like your usual grass patch but when i look closer, it appears to fade into tree bark or something. not really a fan of sentimental photo-stories but nicely done!
its just an overlay of bark texture yesh correct.glad you accepted this :D

Here's another to share.

002. Over A Sacred Sky

you brushed sins over the
hollow skies.
you mocked the star trails
with your lies.

it won't be easy to not touch the wind
it won't be easy to be side by side air
and try to deny its presence
and act like you don't care

you're guardian of Heavens
but your deadly eyes down on Earth
over the sacred skies you reign
the very claws you pierced thru love​

Last edited:
hmm. interesting. again without looking at the poem

the hawk is stuck/lost in some unknown realm

with poem,

a hawk soaring thru the skies majestically reaching into the heavens( if you interpretation of heaven is as so )

this is a very interesting concept. but how would you categorize this under photography ( especially the second image)? would like to hear on your input. Hope no offence taken.

hmm. interesting. again without looking at the poem

the hawk is stuck/lost in some unknown realm

with poem,

a hawk soaring thru the skies majestically reaching into the heavens( if you interpretation of heaven is as so )

this is a very interesting concept. but how would you categorize this under photography ( especially the second image)? would like to hear on your input. Hope no offence taken.

Omg i took eons to reply to you. I apologize for that. Well, to me this are a fusion of conceptual and abstract photography. They tend to be more artistic and are often left for intepretation. The poems just entails how I perceive the concept to be but viewers are given room to appreciate and trigger their own set of perceptions.

I really enjoy reading how you deciphered them. Thank you for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.