Caucasian woman too cocky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch076

Sep 24, 2007
Dear CS Friends,

Today I was at Starbuck at Parkway Parade and was reading some of the latest post on some camera websites. I saw a panoramic picture which was beautiful then I realized that I have not tried my S3 phone on this.

I wanted to try out the phone panorama and started "scan from left to right" to see how it works. but I could not get it right.

All of a sudden, the table on my right has this late thirties ang moh started asking me loudly "did you take my picture" I hardly even notice her in the first place. Her Chinese friend then insisted I show her my phone. She continue to say it is an offence to take picture of other in public and not even the facade of an establishment like Starbuck and told me she is right as she was told off when she tried taking a picture outside Cold Storage.

I told her that it is not an offence to take a person picture but it is rude to take without first asking for permission. I told her this is not like US. She disagreed and the Chinese companion just blindly agreeing with her on everything she said. The companion again insisted to look at my pictures while I was trying to retrieve it but it did not came out because I did not do it correctly. I then told her that it was not even captured and showed her.

BTW there were 2 students on my left and they did not even make any noise while others in front of me (male and female) did not even say a word of protest and some just smile and look at me when I scan my camera across.

I then stopped and ignored them but they keep saying snide remarks about people taking picture of others without permission and how she dislike photographers.

Well, I am not anti foreigners or even close but I know from past experience working in US and from friends, those ang moh women are thinking we Asians guy must be some kind of pervert or whatever and I find myself suddenly really disliking them.

I hope such ang moh are rare here otherwise I may become one of those anti foreigner as they may tend to bring out the worst in me.

Please give me some of your good views of Caucasians women who are polite and treat others courteously to counter my negative view on them. Negative view of others is not good but this damn ang moh and her chinese "dog" just made me boil.:angry:

Dear CS Friends,

Today I was at Starbuck at Parkway Parade and was reading some of the latest post on some camera websites. I saw a panoramic picture which was beautiful then I realized that I have not tried my S3 phone on this.

I wanted to try out the phone panorama and started "scan from left to right" to see how it works. but I could not get it right.

All of a sudden, the table on my right has this late thirties ang moh started asking me loudly "did you take my picture" I hardly even notice her in the first place. Her Chinese friend then insisted I show her my phone. She continue to say it is an offence to take picture of other in public and not even the facade of an establishment like Starbuck and told me she is right as she was told off when she tried taking a picture outside Cold Storage.

I told her that it is not an offence to take a person picture but it is rude to take without first asking for permission. I told her this is not like US. She disagreed and the Chinese companion just blindly agreeing with her on everything she said. The companion again insisted to look at my pictures while I was trying to retrieve it but it did not came out because I did not do it correctly. I then told her that it was not even captured and showed her.

BTW there were 2 students on my left and they did not even make any noise while others in front of me (male and female) did not even say a word of protest and some just smile and look at me when I scan my camera across.

I then stopped and ignored them but they keep saying snide remarks about people taking picture of others without permission and how she dislike photographers.

Well, I am not anti foreigners or even close but I know from past experience working in US and from friends, those ang moh women are thinking we Asians guy must be some kind of pervert or whatever and I find myself suddenly really disliking them.

I hope such ang moh are rare here otherwise I may become one of those anti foreigner as they may tend to bring out the worst in me.

Please give me some of your good views of Caucasians women who are polite and treat others courteously to counter my negative view on them. Negative view of others is not good but this damn ang moh and her chinese "dog" just made me boil.:angry:

you're not any better from the way you're dissing them in here.

Aside from inviting racial tension, right now, I wouldn't be surprised if there are Caucasian women complaining that singapore boys just complain on forums.

Even asking us for "examples". Pffft, what are you, an idea-less Stomp staff?

Rashkae said:
Even asking us for "examples". Pffft, what are you, an idea-less Stomp staff?

haha maybe new tactic from them cause their threads asking for opinions always get whacked by us

kch076 said:
Dear CS Friends,

If so, did you even apologise?
geez.

Not to join in the bashing of TS but I think TS should be more sensible and realise not all caucasians are like that. We don't and should not classify a person's character by race. It would surprise one that genetically we are not too far off from one another so why the classifying? There are cocky people of any race and if u object to this, then u have not met enough people and your spending too much time on the keyboard.

My first question is is she pretty?

Second question is r u handsome?

If both answer is yes the its Abercrombie + Victoria secret......it's no problemo....can jio her for a drink in pub sometime....

If either answer is no then u r LLBP....move on to panorama at other place....

Its a one off thing lah.

Asian women also suspicious of people taking their pics sometimes. Its individual based than racial.

Move on.

Next time say your camera X ray modified one can see your hehehe and then you run away fast fast. More happy this way then complain on forum. Hahaha.

What I'm about to say may give you the shock of your life so take a deep breath and brace yourself.

1... 2... 3...

Ill-mannered people thrive in ALL parts of the world.

If TS also angmoh, maybe she wouldnt mind. But too bad, ang moh mostly looks down on chinese, no matters where we from or even they in our country.

BBTM said:
If TS also angmoh, maybe she wouldnt mind. But too bad, ang moh mostly looks down on chinese, no matters where we from or even they in our country.

It's very sad when we look down on ourselves like that. As long as we don't do anything for people to look down on, why bother?

Last edited:

Utter rubbish lah

you need to experience western culture more, dude.

Dear CS Friends,

634798639221257881.jpg

you need to experience western culture more, dude.

When I was at Vegas last year, angmoh look at us like alien! I just dont bother, since I was there for a holiday. Once a chinese, no matter where they from, they are die die MUST be from CHINA in the eye of angmoh. Heard of angmoh asking where is Singapore? haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.