Catherine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye Tan

Sep 14, 2005
singapore
www.skyetan.com
i think your first picture is the strongest. But the model does help alot in your final work because she looks good.. Aesthetically u still have alot of work to be done. Try looking beyond just shooting a "portrait". Look at the post on babe in water by hacker http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=220222
I think the pictures shot by hacker looks more real than the pictures which u have taken because u try to put your own perception of how a portrait should look like when working with your model.

The end result u get is static feel in your work. They lack emotions and personality. I hope u don't take this personally.. Just felt that I could give u some useful pointers.

cheers,
Skye

modelinn

Apr 3, 2006

I like the last 3 shots, very nice composition, very balanced exposure, and like the colour balance as well. really impressive, keep it up, hope to see u again in future shoots! :)

Siddhi

Jul 16, 2003
Holland Village
www.flickr.com
Skye Tan said:
Aesthetically u still have alot of work to be done. Try looking beyond just shooting a "portrait". Look at the post on babe in water by hacker http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=220222
I think the pictures shot by hacker looks more real than the pictures which u have taken because u try to put your own perception of how a portrait should look like when working with your model.

The end result u get is static feel in your work. They lack emotions and personality. I hope u don't take this personally.. Just felt that I could give u some useful pointers.

cheers,
Skye
Thanks for the comments. I can see what you mean.. that the photo is not forming any connection with the viewer.. Agree that I need to work on that. :)

Siddhi

Jul 16, 2003
Holland Village
www.flickr.com
modelinn said:
I like the last 3 shots, very nice composition, very balanced exposure, and like the colour balance as well. really impressive, keep it up, hope to see u again in future shoots! :)
Benji77 said:
1 & 2 for me.
the way you caught the catchlight in her eyes were very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.