Cathay e-guote

Status
Not open for further replies.

currahee

Jun 6, 2002
Bishan
Visit site
Is the CP e-quote the lowest price obtainable from the shop?

Originally posted by currahee
Is the CP e-quote the lowest price obtainable from the shop?

It depends on what you are buying, cos's CP's e-quote doesn't include the 3%GST. i once got a e-quote from cathay, without the GST, the camera by CP e quote is cheaper, but i got a shock when the staff there kindly inform me that with the 3%GST included, the camera actually cost a $100 more.
So, it's better to get both the price from their e quote( which i heard is a direct quote from the boss son) and their staff, and then choose the cheaper party.

did u pay by credit card? ;)

Originally posted by Almond

It depends on what you are buying, cos's CP's e-quote doesn't include the 3%GST. i once got a e-quote from cathay, without the GST, the camera by CP e quote is cheaper, but i got a shock when the staff there kindly inform me that with the 3%GST included, the camera actually cost a $100 more.
So, it's better to get both the price from their e quote( which i heard is a direct quote from the boss son) and their staff, and then choose the cheaper party.

It's a misuse of the system but I do ask friends/colleagues to get quotes from Cathay for comparison purposes. If you know how to bargain, I guess the price could go down further.

Somehow I find that Foto guide (besides Cathay) gives better prices without bargaining. But they have a smaller range of products (and not all staff quote the same price).

Originally posted by mpenza
It's a misuse of the system but I do ask friends/colleagues to get quotes from Cathay for comparison purposes. If you know how to bargain, I guess the price could go down further.

Somehow I find that Foto guide (besides Cathay) gives better prices without bargaining. But they have a smaller range of products (and not all staff quote the same price).

That's the problem with foto guide. no price consistency......but then, i think it's human.... or singaporean nature to misuse the system.... Oops.... hehehe.....

maybe that's the reason why the system exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.