Categorising pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2005
North
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to add "meta-data" to a RAW file that will stick to it such that any program capable of reading such "meta-data" is able to show/sort the RAW files accordingly?

Or am I asking too much? :think:

I know LR2 can add such information like keywords, but these information will not stay with the images, right? Also u need to export and import the entire catalog in order for the information to be associated with the images, right?

Asking this because I want to find a better way to categorise and store my images before the images get too many to be managed....

Thank you thank you...

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to add "meta-data" to a RAW file that will stick to it such that any program capable of reading such "meta-data" is able to show/sort the RAW files accordingly?

Or am I asking too much? :think:

I know LR2 can add such information like keywords, but these information will not stay with the images, right? Also u need to export and import the entire catalog in order for the information to be associated with the images, right?

Asking this because I want to find a better way to categorise and store my images before the images get too many to be managed....

Thank you thank you...
I use picasa for my organisation needs. Not sure if its what you want but pretty easy to find the pictures i want somewhere in all my hdds.

rendition

Jan 26, 2008
Singapore
www.VisualVerve.sg
Possible but do not confuse EXIF with RAW data. EXIF allows you to store information such as picture technical info, IPTC, keywords etc which most programme can read. Actually, I think all programmes which can open the JPEG/TIFF/RAW file should be able to read the EXIF information which can be batch appended or edited via Adobe Bridge.

RAW on the other hand does not contain such information and but more like exposure adjustment etc (digital negative info) which only the software you used to adjust can read. Meaning if you adjust WB or exposure in LR, DPP or other RAW apps won't be able to read and will render the RAW file as it is, vice-versa.

Hope this helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom