Catch the 'Spiderman'

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopintehsusu

Dec 12, 2005
From the Straits Times today

"FRENCH professional climber Alain Robert will scale a building here on Saturday as part of The Straits Times' 163rd anniversary celebrations.
But which building it will be will remain a secret - till Saturday.
He was arrested here in 2000 when he attempted to climb the 63-storey Overseas Union Bank Building at Raffles Place. Police nabbed him on the 23rd floor for criminal trespass."

Anybody know which building he is climbing ?

Angelia, thank you for the information.

Suntec Towers?

the FLYER will be good publicity .... :think:

but i will place my dollar on Raffles Swissotel tower for max effect,

or UOB plaza for lots of empty space for spectators ...

From The Stratis Times :

"Letters of the alphabet began appearing in this newspaper's 'A Part of My Life' advertisements last Friday. These ads will run until Friday. Readers will need to collect all the letters and unscramble them to spell out the location where the prize car is on display.

This mystery location will be near where Mr Robert is scheduled to make his climb.

Readers have to paste all eight letter-tiles on an entry form to be published in this newspaper on Friday and Saturday, and show up at the mystery location with it between 2pm and 4pm on Saturday to qualify.

Participants also have to be there for the draw at 6pm. Only correct entries will be eligible for the draw. "

Its eight letters ...... Anybody has a good guess ?

From The Stratis Times :

"Letters of the alphabet began appearing in this newspaper's 'A Part of My Life' advertisements last Friday. These ads will run until Friday. Readers will need to collect all the letters and unscramble them to spell out the location where the prize car is on display.

This mystery location will be near where Mr Robert is scheduled to make his climb.

Readers have to paste all eight letter-tiles on an entry form to be published in this newspaper on Friday and Saturday, and show up at the mystery location with it between 2pm and 4pm on Saturday to qualify.

Participants also have to be there for the draw at 6pm. Only correct entries will be eligible for the draw. "

Its eight letters ...... Anybody has a good guess ?
i would dig out all my newspapers and cut and piece them out later to confirm

There's a "Q" in the location's name.... which actually makes it a little tricky. Some "square" somewhere?

8 letters, square is alread 7.. hmm
M square? hahah

Gah, editorial got it wrong. It is actually 10 letters, Not 8! Anyway, the helping letters make it quite easy to guess where the venue is :p
S_ _T_ _
_ _ _ _ _ _

Note : This reveals the event venue, not where he will be climbing. But the building will be very near to the event venue of course :)

Last edited:
gah, editorial got it wrong. It is actually 10 letters, not 8! Anyway, the helping letters make it quite easy to guess where the venue is :p
s_ _t_ _
_ _ _ _ _ _

note : This reveals the event venue, not where he will be climbing. But the building will be very near to the event venue of course :)
suntec
tower 1-4 ???

The answer can be found at razortv.com

Suntec Square

To be exact, Suntec Tower 1. Tmrw 2 to 4 pm. :D

2-4pm is for contest participants (those who want to win the car) to drop in their entries.
The event will start at 4pm. Spidey is climbing at 5pm.
But you may have to come early if you plan to erm, shoot him since the place will most likely be packed.

Angelia, thanks for your information.

I can't seem to find the "clue letters" in thursday's straits time (14 Aug).

Has anyone managed to find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.