Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimaDonna

Aug 19, 2009
3837074046_f9b8c04290_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition of the subject. Can viewers immediately feel the subject of the image?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Gain valuable feedback to improve for future images

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Lol, a pretty sleepy cat on a Saturday afternoon.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
DOF OOF for the left eye of cat.
Is background too cluttered?

Thanks in advance guys!

The picture has a lot of impact IMHO. However, I feel that the DoF is too shallow. I would much preferred if both eyes of the cat are in focus. The cat's eyes seems to be OOF kind of throws me off (left eye seems more OOF than right). The focus point is the area between the 2 eyes? And personally, I would have preferred this picture to be in B&W, but that is just me.

Hi, I'm new guy, trying to get involved.
The composition is great. The DOf either. I will be more scared if the cat look into the lens. But, it is a challenge photographing pets. We cannot tell them what to do. It is sometimes hard to predict their mood or how they act. So be patient, bro.

I feel that the impact will be greatly enhanced by cropping off the space on the left. The DOF is also not sufficient in this case to get both of her eyes in focus. A good shot nevertheless. :)

1) well, there is only a cat, what else can we feel?

2) background is indeed too cluttered.

3) i think ziploc means, crop off space on RIGHT, or space on LEFT of cat. if he means that, i concur. with this head tilted angle, it is ok to have space if it is on the left of the picture (or right of cat).. otherwise shoving a diagonally placed cat face going this way (/) generally leads the eye out of the picture.

Yes space left of the cat... or the space on the right of the frame. Don't think there is any more space at the left of the frame to crop, short of cropping off the cat's head, lol. Thanks nightmare for clarifying. :)

Pic is underexposed, The pic did not convey any feelings, focus should be on the eyes and not the nose. Overall pics did not work for me. Try again and watch your exposure. There is a difference between creating mood and underexposing.

Feel that the white hairline in between the eye outstand the eyes more.

Woah,i've been away for quite some time.

Thanks to those for your kind comments! :D

Main issues to address seems to be DOF, Focus and exposure.

-About the DOF, currently i'm still trying out whats best for when. When i took this i was at F4, but seems like i shld have brought it way up, maybe F12? Correct me if i'm wrong abt this, image will still be as sharp as F12 yea?

-Focus, yea, now that you guys mention it, the mid of the eyes seem to stand out more. Though when i took the pict i made pretty sure a AF point was on the right eye(Left eye lost to DOF i think) Is it possible to get the AF points to focus on both the eyes? That would really help me. :)

-Exposure, will work on it!

Thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.