Cat in between shophouses

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence90

May 7, 2008
Didn't know that they were so cute and so easy to tame and play with

Some better pics i took, hope for a C&C

Photoshop done for White Balance, border and watermark only.

I have composed the picture this way because I wanted the cat to be seen as a stealth predator who has a very sharp instinct.

I want to show others the cat is like a "sniper" looking at the surrounding for predators/preys through the picture. I chose this cat because it was very still, very tame and became bored playing with me after a while.

I took this picture under at around 1845 hours and I adjusted the exposure to +1/3 at aperture priority mode so that the photo would not be dark. Also, i tried to focus on the cat's eye then re-framing instead of just framing the cat and focus(which will focus in the middle of the cat, one of my main problems since last time).

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 40D
Image Date: 2008:06:27 19:10:16
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 39.0mm
CCD Width: 22.85mm
Exposure Time: 0.077 s (1/13)
Aperture: f/5.0
ISO equiv: 800
Exposure Bias: 0.33
White Balance: Auto
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

Feel that the picture would be better if the camera was held lower downwards

73m39w.jpg

Kindly post only 1 picture before your thread gets locked. I understand your enthusiasm in sharing your shots but do keep within the guidelines.

Read here before posting please: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273376
thank you for your help, forgot to read the sticky before posting. Edited with the necessary already. :)

In your intent statement you ought not to describe your composition - that should be obvious to anyone seeing the picture, but rather what do you want to say or achieve with your picture, eg to shock, to convey the cuteness, the tameness of the cat, etc etc, or maybe not to say anything at all. Then whether you have composed it this way or that can be assessed/critiqued as to whether it was fit for purpose.

i am going to say that i like this picture as it is, the expression is priceless, the eye is in focus, there is no weird cropping off abruptly. you may consider this in black and white. with the proper channel mixing you can make the cat pop out from the background more than it is doing now in color.

as for whether it fulfills the purpose you intended it to achieve.. not really. but then again, with cats, you can never tell what they are going to do next. are you telling me that you waited around until it gave this moment? :dunno:

i am going to say that i like this picture as it is, the expression is priceless, the eye is in focus, there is no weird cropping off abruptly. you may consider this in black and white. with the proper channel mixing you can make the cat pop out from the background more than it is doing now in color.

as for whether it fulfills the purpose you intended it to achieve.. not really. but then again, with cats, you can never tell what they are going to do next. are you telling me that you waited around until it gave this moment? :dunno:
thanks.

Actually... not really... when i looked at the picture, it gave me that type of feeling so i thought they would be my intent of the picture.
No cropping done thou.
Alright, will try a black and white and repost(is this considered in the 1 pic/day rule?). :)

Alright, will try a black and white and repost(is this considered in the 1 pic/day rule?). :)
if it is the same picture, but with a different treatment, i don't think the mods of the critique corner will mind, based on past experience :)

This picture does not portray stealth to me. I think it is because you framed only its head and not the body posture. I could see the cat is a bit curious in this picture.

I think compositionally the eye is the main point of focus here and is placed pretty center in the frame. I think a re-crop placing it nearer the upper 1/3 and to the left might work better. You already mentioned about brinign the camera lower down so yea that would help too.

Hmmm, alright.

Thanks all, will take your advices and improve :D

Status
Not open for further replies.