castle on a cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziedrich

Mar 17, 2004
www.rainmuse.com
465557-large.jpg

wow! i like the misty mood to it. where was it taken?

erm.. is there a castle?

loboclerk said:
erm.. is there a castle?

well, its pretty much up to your imagination :)

this was taken in west coast park, at the beach.

ziedrich said:
well, its pretty much up to your imagination :)

this was taken in west coast park, at the beach.

did u use PS to give the pic a blue tone?
the other pics in ur gallery r equally fantastic! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
may i know ur settings for "urban escape"? thanks!

bumblebee2 said:
did u use PS to give the pic a blue tone?
the other pics in ur gallery r equally fantastic! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
may i know ur settings for "urban escape"? thanks!

glad u liked them!
i didnt use PS to give the pic a blue tone, in fact i used ps to lessen the blue tone. i set the white balance on the cam to tungsten for the blue effect. actually the blue lighting would come ard 8-8+ i think, experienced such lighting at labrador park before... i wanted to be back home for dinner, so i thought wad the heck :)

for the urban escape shot, the shutter was 2s, iso 800. enough to create the wave-hit-rocks effect without blurring too much... couldnt do lower iso cos the whole tripod was in water n waves were strong, longer exposures will be blurred. camera safety is another factor too. some ps was applied to slightly darken the orange sky. for part of the 2s exposure i used my hand to cover the sky too. but personally i was slightly disappointed due to the distant factories spoiling the landscape, and the high noise level when printed out in s8r.

Great shot! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ziedrich said:
glad u liked them!
i didnt use PS to give the pic a blue tone, in fact i used ps to lessen the blue tone. i set the white balance on the cam to tungsten for the blue effect. actually the blue lighting would come ard 8-8+ i think, experienced such lighting at labrador park before... i wanted to be back home for dinner, so i thought wad the heck :)

for the urban escape shot, the shutter was 2s, iso 800. enough to create the wave-hit-rocks effect without blurring too much... couldnt do lower iso cos the whole tripod was in water n waves were strong, longer exposures will be blurred. camera safety is another factor too. some ps was applied to slightly darken the orange sky. for part of the 2s exposure i used my hand to cover the sky too. but personally i was slightly disappointed due to the distant factories spoiling the landscape, and the high noise level when printed out in s8r.

thanks for the details & tips! :bsmilie:
i've been to labrador park to take sunset pics, but nothing as dramatic as ur pic. Had the same problems with the factories too. In ur case i think it's not so obvious. I even thot the pic was taken at a nice beach overseas! i love mood pictures & ur gallery is definitely an inspiration! can't wait to c more of ur pics! ;)

Good light, great mood!
well captured! :thumbsup: :)

regards
..NuTs..

ziploc:
thanks, btw i just seen ur gallery, really like the icy world theme shots. wish i could travel to some frosty lands in the winter and shoot away...

bumblebee:
no prob.

nuts:
thanks!

lord of the ring should be player there..... mebbe scorpion king next location shot. . . :thumbsup:

really look liek a scene from LOTR :cool:

thanks wolfgang, cast123, jimtong, fundee and clive! glad u all liked it. unfortunately such a scene is only an image of long exposure and is not present in reality. sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.