Casting call for FYP Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

boreboor

Nov 28, 2005
Posting on behalf of my juniors:

BISH* Productions is now casting for our short video drama, The Right Mix.

Add a spoonful of luck..
Fold in a dash of spunk.. and
Pour in a large cup of love into life!

The Right Mix is a short video that explores the themes of love and kinship through the eyes of Wen, a young girl working in a café. Set in the modern day Singapore, a small gesture of kindness by Wen yields a recipe of unexpected returns, setting her on a serendipitous journey towards recovering what she has unknowingly lost.
We are seeking a cast of six to join us in our production in December 2005!
1. Young Wen (8 – 10 years old) An only child, she basks in the love of her doting parents. She is adorable and innocent, and loves the birthday cake her father bakes especially for her.

2. Wen (18 – 21 years old) The female lead. Fresh face and lively, Wen is a helpful and kind lady with an impatient streak in her.

3. Wen’s Father (Mid 30s and Mid 40s): Will age to about mid 40s in the drama when Wen grows up. A baking teacher by profession, he shows his love for his wife and daughter through baking. A stern and loving father who is not outwardly affectionate. He cares for his daughter whom he feels is drifting further from himself since the death of his wife, but is unsure of how to mend the relationship.

4. May (Early 30s): A loving mother who is the link that keeps the family together. Gentle and kind.

5. Matt (Early 20s) Boyish. Friendly, outgoing and charming. Has a sense of humor. Blur.

6. Ice Cream Seller uncle (Late 40s - early 50s) Amiable and friendly, grandfatherly with a mischievous streak.

Interested parties please email Yi Hui at bish.productions@gmail.com to schedule a time for your audition.
Only talents based in Singapore need apply.
Interested talents please attach a recent photograph in your application together with a brief resume if available.

Audition dates and venues:
7th December 2005, Wednesday
Nanyang Technological University
School of Communication and Information
31 Nanyang Link
Singapore 637718
TV Studio, Level 1
9th and 10th December 2005, Friday and Saturday
Nanyang Technological University
School of Communication and Information
31 Nanyang Link
Singapore 637718
TRs

*BISH* Productions consists of four student filmmakers from the NTU School of Communication and Information, who are working on this drama as their Final Year Project.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
*BISH* Productions
bish.productions@gmail.com

upzzzz for you :thumbsup:

It's always good to see young local telant trying to break out

sounds like fun, but not me, i can't act... not photogenic...

/me start to sing...

i'm not an actor, i'm not a star.... i dun even have my own car... ;p

when you have screening, please post here, will support...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
sounds like fun, but not me, i can't act... not photogenic...

/me start to sing...

i'm not an actor, i'm not a star.... i dun even have my own car... ;p

when you have screening, please post here, will support...

Not trying to OT but when I saw this (quote below) the first person I though of is you! You are after all our Korean Idol what. OK, maybe not the "Blur" part, but the rest fit you to a "T" and I'm sure you can act blur right? ;) ;) Go for it man !!!

boreboor said:
5. Matt (Early 20s) Boyish. Friendly, outgoing and charming. Has a sense of humor. Blur.

yqt said:
Not trying to OT but when I saw this (quote below) the first person I though of is you! You are after all our Korean Idol what. OK, maybe not the "Blur" part, but the rest fit you to a "T" and I'm sure you can act blur right? ;) ;) Go for it man !!!

me over age liao...

Interesting. But my age range doesn't seem to fit in with the role of the father despite having similar traits. :bsmilie:

Usually it doesn't matter. Make-up can do wonders, well at least from a theatre point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.