Cassette to CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkey

Apr 25, 2007
Hi gorgeous people of Clubsnap, I was just browsing thru my old video tapes (VCR) when i happened to think, where is it possible to get my old tapes washed and burnt into cd format, or even into a harddisk? I did consider this option before, but now that technology has advanced, things should be cheaper and all.. Any suggestions? Please include prices too.

TY

Hi, I recently got one of my tape recorded onto cd at SLS. Cost $15 for mine..
The guy said that price varies with the length/duration of the video..

The shop I went to is on the 2nd floor, not those in the front row, i only remember that its behind a shop that sells bags..

Can go there try and find if really can't think of other shops.. hehe

Get a DVD recorder, connect your VCR to it, and viola, your own dubbing machine.

Hi gorgeous people of Clubsnap, I was just browsing thru my old video tapes (VCR) when i happened to think, where is it possible to get my old tapes washed and burnt into cd format, or even into a harddisk? I did consider this option before, but now that technology has advanced, things should be cheaper and all.. Any suggestions? Please include prices too.

TY

Great help ya'll.
ALthough i was looking more for a shop that does it rather than buying your own.
$15 is really steep. i was look for <$10 per tape?
And if the tape is a bit mouldy, can they salvage it even?

TY

The thing is, depending on how many tapes you have, in the long run it may be cheaper to do it yourself.

I've seen DVD recorders going for 100++ to 200++ so if you convert 10-15 tapes, it already pays itself off.

For mouldy tapes, the method I use is to use a tape cleaner to clean off the mould, and then encode. Any portions damaged by the mould is irrecoverable, but at least you stem the deterioration.

Great help ya'll.
ALthough i was looking more for a shop that does it rather than buying your own.

TY

Great help ya'll.

TY

i can do for u. but mouldy tapes may spoil vcr tape head.

i can do for u. but mouldy tapes may spoil vcr tape head.

I see. You got the machine or something at home?

Thats for the big tapes yeah.. Ive also got those smaller casette tapes from my video camcorder (old one), do you do those too?

thanks

sorry i can only help u wif vhs tape. not the smaller ones unless you've the player.

I did Compact VHS, VHS to DVD and Cassette + vinyl to CD.

It is a lengthy process as you can only do it a 1x speed. Basically have to listen/watch everything again. A pain !

But since I had the equipment.

For cassette/vinyl to Cd, I have a cd recorder with analogue input. Pioneer PDR - 509

jingpin1.jpg

For the video, I used a USB Tv Card to my computer and later did the DVD I wanted with Adobe Premiere elements.

The CDR is a bit hard to find. Bought it in those days for 500SGD. The USB tv card shoulb be around 60 SGD. IT is cheap and will allow you to pass all your videos to HD and then DVD.

Good luck !

How about music casettes to convert to CDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.