Casio Digital camera recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdEvA

Sep 1, 2006
etanphotography.com
Hi guys, i'm interested to learn photography, and am looking to get my first digital cam to start off with.
But i'm in quite a low budget, ranging from $250-$400..

Will be interested in casio Exilim, but wonder which one do u guys recommend? would like it to be as slim as possible..

Thanks

hmm. if you're interested in learning photog. personally i feel that you shouldnt go for cameras with only preseted functions. cos this way u'll have less things to play with.
if your budget is 250 to 400, u can consider getting canon powershot series. some of them are below 400. and they have some manual control. but its not that slim though as it is functioning on two AA batts.

alternatively, if u really want a slim camera, u can go for ixus60? it will be ard 499, but at least its slim? no control of aperture. but there's extended shutter speed.

:)

thanks for the recommendations, but i dun think i can go for the canon, as it's my parents that are paying for the cam, and they will be using it too, slim is what they want in a camera..
no choice then..
hmm btw among those casios, which one do u guys recommend?

thanks for the recommendations, but i dun think i can go for the canon, as it's my parents that are paying for the cam, and they will be using it too, slim is what they want in a camera..
no choice then..
hmm btw among those casios, which one do u guys recommend?

if you're looking for a casio one,i think they are all above your budget.
cos for the newer models, like Z60 or Z600 i can't rmb which, its 499.
if u're paying this price, i'd rather you go for canon :)
bring them down to take a look at the cam. maybe they'll like it la.
functionality more than looking good. :)

hmm, okie.. will try to talk them into a canon, btw what are the models that u guys recommend? would prefer those that dont use AA batteries..

hmm, okie.. will try to talk them into a canon, btw what are the models that u guys recommend? would prefer those that dont use AA batteries..

hmm. ixus 60 i guess. (499)
or else, it u prefer a bigger screen, ixus 65 (569)
the other models like ixus 850 (729)

:) if not u can go take a look at fuji cameras too. good choice too!

if you're looking for a casio one,i think they are all above your budget.
cos for the newer models, like Z60 or Z600 i can't rmb which, its 499.
if u're paying this price, i'd rather you go for canon :)
bring them down to take a look at the cam. maybe they'll like it la.
functionality more than looking good. :)

hmm, if i'm able to get a z60 at $399, do u tink it's worth?

casio cameras suck big time. try shooting at ISO200. even at ISO100 u can see visible noise. their anti shake is a 'fake' antishake. picture quality nothing to shout about. plus, it's expensive.

go for the fuji F11 if u can still find it. if not, f30. :)

oops. i rmbed wrongly, z70 is going for 499. z60 is old model alrdy.
hmm. if u wanna purchase z60 at 399, go for the fuji z2 if u can still find it. :)

Hi guys, i'm interested to learn photography, and am looking to get my first digital cam to start off with.
But i'm in quite a low budget, ranging from $250-$400..

Will be interested in casio Exilim, but wonder which one do u guys recommend? would like it to be as slim as possible..

Thanks

Casio Exilim and those in the same league are strictly point & shoot cameras. There's very little (actually closer to nothing) you can learn from using these type of cameras. The only good thing I'm aware of is that Casio Exilim has a very long lasting battery (and a fairly large lcd).

hmm so around my budget, by order, i shld go for

Ixus 60/65, fujiF11/F30 , fujiF2?

how much is the fujis? and between the ixus and the fuji which is flatter?

any comments on samsung/pentax/nikon cams?

thanks..

hmm so around my budget, by order, i shld go for

Ixus 60/65, fujiF11/F30 , fujiF2?

how much is the fujis? and between the ixus and the fuji which is flatter?

any comments on samsung/pentax/nikon cams?

thanks..

the fuji F2 is slightly flatter den the ixus60/65. though fuji Z2 is older den Z3.
i feel that its better than Z3 in terms of performance. not sure bout the F11 and F30 though.

hmm. perhaps u could head down to the upcoming IT SHOW? at the show, u can compare all sorts of brands, ranging from popular ones like canon, fuji, nikon.. samsung, casio, panasonic, sony, even pentax and ricoh and kodak.. and yashica! :)

ya, will most prob be getting the cam during IT show, but i'm working on those days, so will have to settle on which to buy before the show, as i wun have the time on those days to test the cams..

any other shops that have such full range cameras in stock that i could take a look?

dont buy from IT show. it is sold at retail price with useless freebies. get the F30 from www.mscolor.com

f11/f30 you wont go wrong with either camera. i compared my f30 to my friends ixus850, and at ISO800, the f30 wins hands down. at ISO1600....i wonder why canon even put the mode there.

hmm i think i'll more or less be goign for the ixus 60 or 65 if i can squeeze a lil more budget out..

hmm since the price is the same, y not juz get the freebies? =x

it is precisely because it is not the same

i.e. if the retail price of the f30 is $699, the shop price would be $549 with 1gb free.

at the PC show, you pay $699 for useless freebies.

at the shop, you pay $549 and save $150.

no worries la. just go there and take a look i guess. cos sometimes they might slash prices.
:) alan photo is located at funan it mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.