Cars at $0 downpayment & 10 years loan-repayment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadus, cannot find.

Got the page not found.

Oops ...... Sorry we were unable to find the page you requested. Please check the URL again.

Still unsuccessful? The page you requested may be temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Go back to www.channelnewsasia.com

Feedback to newseditor@channelnewsasia.com or support@channelnewsasia.com

If it's a video you're looking for, it may no longer be on our server. To purchase past videos, email progsales@channelnewsasia.com

[for the convenience of all, i re-post the article from Channel News Asia here...]

Monetary Authority of Singapore lifts cap on car loans

By Johnson Choo

In an unexpected move, the Monetary Authority of Singapore has scrapped the 70 percent cap on car loans and the 7-year repayment period.

In a statement, MAS said car loans only form a small proportion of the total loan portfolio for financial institutions, and the level of non-performing car loans is very low.

So the lifting of the limits on car loans is in line with MAS' shift from a one-size-fits-all approach to a risk-focused approach.

MAS added it expects financial institutions to take into account the borrower's credit worthiness, debt servicing ability and collateral.

Sigh.. me no license plus cannot afford new car leh... I think if I get a license the most I can afford is a many hand car.. :(

And not sure how to go about that also

can afford the car but parking in the CBD + road tax + ERP +petrol will kill me .........:D

Wasn't there already something like high loan where you only pay 10% up. So a new Lancer will now cost $900+ per month instead of 700+.

Originally posted by roti
can afford the car but parking in the CBD + road tax + ERP +petrol will kill me .........:D

You'll need to + insurance which cost more than $1,000 per annum.....

Got. Theoretically, now 2nd hand car buyers can borrow 100% loan as well.

More cars, more jam.

Originally posted by Tony K

You'll need to + insurance which cost more than $1,000 per annum.....

Not confirm $1,000

Drivers with good track records.....(Clean records not rubber burning records :p ) can get discount.....

Those Offence Free discounts, No claim discounts, loyalty discount blah blahz...can help lower down the premiums....

Wun really kill :p but still a substantial sum no doubt....

Status
Not open for further replies.